Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

crisis of anxiety

Sara074

Lairian
My sister has a sphynx castrated male who is 1 year old and 4 months.
It has a problem and I come to you for if you have an idea to solve it.

When he eats of the nerves that it has, him senta badly the meal. He suffocates and he lacks the air, we went to Urgencies they did to him radiographies, injection for distresses and the diagnosis of the veterinarian was bore, solution 24 hours without eating and a fodder for sensitive stomachs.
It still does it eats eats and eats with great nerve and then it throws to itself many farts and suffocates, my sister does him masages in the stomach and this way it calms down and has it 12 hours without eating, because if it does not make it like that we have to go again to urgencies.
What can it do so that he eats calmly and does not throw to him so many farts that do very bad smell and not ahoge?
Do you have any advice for the nerves or anxiety?

Brooke

Banned
Do I understand correctly that the cat is eating too fast?

If so, she can try putting a golf ball or large rocks in his food dish to force him to slow down. If she has other cats, she can try feeding him separately from the the other cats.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
If the cat is having this much anxiety, he might need to go on some kitty antidepressants (not joking here; there is such a thing for animals as well as people). My vet was thinking of prescribing a cat antidepressant for my cat Sydney when she was going through this phase of chewing on herself. Fortunately in her case, the problem resolved itself and she didn't need the medication. This medication is a last resort, though, as you'd want to rule out any physiological problems first.

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh no poor kitty! I wish I could offer some advice but I don't know. Brooke's suggestion is great- my vet said to do that also when Sophie was having some retching/hacking trouble. Hope the vet can figure it out.

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
If you are describing an upset stomach after eating, such as throwing up and gas/farting it would make sense to look into food allergies. There are some sphynx owners here that have food allergies and Im sure they can offer some advice. What is the cat eating?

Sara074

Lairian
it is not an allergy. Not vómita. Only he suffocates.
It is quite NERVES. He eats fodder for delicate stomachs. His ****s are solid.

Back