Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Cyber Monday...??

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So i've never heard of Cyber Monday shopping until this year. I used to go out on Black Friday to go shopping but never got the deals and frankly i'd be the person you would see on the news :Wink:
Typically i do lots of my shopping online anyway. So what's this whole Cyber Monday about...
Are the sales the same as Black Friday Ads?
Does the sale start at a certain time?
If you buy multiple items that are "on sale" can you check it all out at once? (maybe a stupid questions...)

Did anyone get some good Black Friday shopping deals??

Some items i'm looking for: Ipod touch, laptop and diamond earrings

Gizzymom

Banned
LOOOOOOOVE Cyber Monday!!!

They are not as good of deals as Black Friday, but almost all websites have sales and free shipping, etc... Each website does it differently... and if you shop on line a lot, you should be receiving junk emails about cyber monday sales already... Check your spam box....

On-line shopping is the best!!! No aggravation, no lines, and you can shop in your PJs if you want!!!:ThumbsUp:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I like the malls so I only shop online if I have to, going to the mall is good for my mental health:Laugh: I have seen some of the adds for Monday, just go to the website ou need something from and see what they offer.

On black Friday me and my friend went out with the kids, she got 2 cameras $75 each good deal.
We both got a nice overnight bag filled with perfume and lipgloss and stuff for free with purchase from victoria secret. $70 value.
I got alot fo stuff in Bath and body works and a tote filled with stuff for a extra $20 and it was a $120 value plus lots of stuff was 50% off.
Hollister (for the teen girls) was 30% off the entire store so I got my niece done and most of our daughters cloths.
Tillys gave away gift cards from $10-$100 to the first 75 people thru the door mine was only 10.
Yankee candle had buy 2 gift sets get one free.

Moonlight

Lairian
I know yesterday that alot of the Black Friday deals were online, too.

I got a GPS on Amazon.com for 50% off it's usual price.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
wow!! lots of good deals.

I just delted my spam yesterday without looking at anything Heather lol. oops.
I guess my biggest questions is do the online sales start at a specific time? like Blk friday sales?

I think i might get this ladder for John, it's 55% off on Amazon! but that depends on shipping costs, so we'll see. our anniversary is also coming up so i need a gift idea for that. i'm thinking diamond earings (ugh, he's such a girl haha) but i would need 2 sets. i found a good price on overstock.com- lets hope for a sale there monday!
and my kids want ipod and laptop for xmas for their big ticket items.. so on the look out for those items.

Inferno12

Banned
wow!! lots of good deals.

I just delted my spam yesterday without looking at anything Heather lol. oops.
I guess my biggest questions is do the online sales start at a specific time? like Blk friday sales?

I think i might get this ladder for John, it's 55% off on Amazon! but that depends on shipping costs, so we'll see. our anniversary is also coming up so i need a gift idea for that. i'm thinking diamond earings (ugh, he's such a girl haha) but i would need 2 sets. i found a good price on overstock.com- lets hope for a sale there monday!
and my kids want ipod and laptop for xmas for their big ticket items.. so on the look out for those items.

What kind of ladder? I just got an awesome one from Home Depot yesterday and that sale lasts either 4 days or 2 days. I can look if you want.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004RKBX"]Amazon.com: Werner D1116-2 200-Pound Duty Rating Aluminum Flat D-Rung Extension Ladder, 16-Foot: Home Improvement@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31AIpCw3W5L.@@AMEPARAM@@31AIpCw3W5L[/ame]

It's onsale Monday for $90 (ish) it's originally $211!

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I know Dawn!!!! That's what i'm saying!! I just hope shipping doesn't cost me an arm and a leg!! John would LOVE this- as he's ALWAYS borrowing his dad's ladder.

EVERY YEAR we do a HUGE christms lights display in our yard... and by huge i mean... a 15ft santa on a roof, paguin hot air balloon hanging from trees... the WHOLE 9 YARDS! so a long ladder is definitely something we need! :)

I saw that deal and said that would be such an awesome deal y aknow!!! you should buy one too and return your other LOL although ladders are such a pain, you NEED so many different sizes!!

Inferno12

Banned
I know Dawn!!!! That's what i'm saying!! I just hope shipping doesn't cost me an arm and a leg!! John would LOVE this- as he's ALWAYS borrowing his dad's ladder.

EVERY YEAR we do a HUGE christms lights display in our yard... and by huge i mean... a 15ft santa on a roof, paguin hot air balloon hanging from trees... the WHOLE 9 YARDS! so a long ladder is definitely something we need! :)

I saw that deal and said that would be such an awesome deal y aknow!!! you should buy one too and return your other LOL although ladders are such a pain, you NEED so many different sizes!!

I love the one I got. Its the one that I have been wanting for so long. I just dont need something that big. This is the one I got from home depot. It can be positioned in so many ways which is why I wanted it!

Werner 13 ft. Aluminum Telescoping Multi-position Ladder - MT-13 at The Home Depot

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
that one is VERY cool! ive seen that one a few times.
here's our situation... we own our house, we have 7 LARGE trees on our property, John is constantly replacing bulbs in our censor lights on our garage, etc...
which would be a better buy for him?
I'm kinda "DUHHHH" about this kinda stuff lol

Inferno12

Banned
that one is VERY cool! ive seen that one a few times.
here's our situation... we own our house, we have 7 LARGE trees on our property, John is constantly replacing bulbs in our censor lights on our garage, etc...
which would be a better buy for him?
I'm kinda "DUHHHH" about this kinda stuff lol

Well if your house is a one story house and the bulbs in the lights are all around the same height then I would get the one I bought. If your house is over one story then get the one you found. The one I bought is good for all around projects but not good for going above one story (10ft)

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
our house is a 1 story ranch.
If we use our 6 ft ladder to get on the roof, whoever is trying to get on the roof has to pull themselves up to get onto the roof about 4-5 feet too short.

Inferno12

Banned
our house is a 1 story ranch.
If we use our 6 ft ladder to get on the roof, whoever is trying to get on the roof has to pull themselves up to get onto the roof about 4-5 feet too short.

This one is a 13 food ladder so it should work for you. Here is the website showing all the things it can do. I personally think its a better deal!

Werner Ladder - Telescoping Multiladder

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
ive always really liked this ladder. john doesn't like to spend money like i do so he always wants the cheapest stuff so he never wanted to buy this ladder. but ive always liked it.
it seems to provide more stability with the wider base

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
ugh, i should have checked this before i left!! but anyway-
GUESS WHAT I JUST BOUGHT!!!!!

And John was pleasantly surprised!!! ok yes, i already gave it to him LOL. we cant keep surprised from one another- PLUS we can use it to finish our lights!!

While at home depot, i pulled up this thread incase they gave me a prob about price (went to the home depot link).... it wasn't marked $69, but when i got to the register it was $68!!!!!! woo hoo!!!

John was like "wow it does all that!!" Yes, hunny and THANK YOU DAWN! :)

Inferno12

Banned
ugh, i should have checked this before i left!! but anyway-
GUESS WHAT I JUST BOUGHT!!!!!

And John was pleasantly surprised!!! ok yes, i already gave it to him LOL. we cant keep surprised from one another- PLUS we can use it to finish our lights!!

While at home depot, i pulled up this thread incase they gave me a prob about price (went to the home depot link).... it wasn't marked $69, but when i got to the register it was $68!!!!!! woo hoo!!!

John was like "wow it does all that!!" Yes, hunny and THANK YOU DAWN! :)

Your welcome! I cant keep surprises either. LOL....I would have given it too him too. Im glad he likes it and you got it for $68 Congrats on a job well done :ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp:

Gizzymom

Banned
LOVE BARGAINS!!!!!!

I was looking at a photo printer at Best Buy on Friday (after work - will not fight crowds). Regular price was $199... Best Buy price was $149. They had plenty, so I decided to check on line. HP's website has a black friday sale for $99 for the same printer... with FREE shipping.... Yay for waiting!!!:ThumbsUp:

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
ok... so...
i've been online most of the day looking for sales... yes.. it's Sunday.. but everything i keep reading says sale's on sunday too! So of COURSE i shopped today and will shop again tomorrow :)

as for actual Christmas gifts... not so much... because frankly today i have spent about $150 on just me :) hahaha Christmas will come early for me this year- love it! :)

Any plus size women here (as i am) the Avenue is having a big sale with free shipping. (today only). i spent $145 and got 16 items!! lots of their jewelry was buy 2 (at $4.99/each) and get 1 free- go i stocked up on some xmas gifts there! :)

Back