Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Cyst on my baby's neck ???

BluesMummy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi I was wondering if anyone knows what this is on my 12 week old baby's neck ?? He's been home with us for a week now & I noticed it today. It's the size of a pea & I can move it around under his skin. He's not bothered by it at all, he's eating, drinking, playing & going to the toilet fine. I've contacted his breeder who has never come across it before but I can't get him to the vets until next week. It is in the area where he would of had his injections, he's fully vaccinated last injection was 2 weeks ago so it's not fluid who've my boys sometimes get after their booster. I would really appreciate any advice, sorry if the photo isn't the best but it shows the size roughly, thanks, lisa & boys xxx

Attachments

Yoda mom

Staff member
Sure others will chime in -
I suspect a vaccination site lump that should go down -
Definitely follow up with vet and ask if it it is such , do they report it back to the vaccination manufacturer to cover vet bills ? Does the breeder self vaccinate and/or can provide the vaccination manufacturer info?
was he also microchipped in this area?

Sending had smooches -
Looking forward to good news updates

momdeeze

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Just a guess, if not from vaccines; one of my kits had a lipoma on his chest. His new momma was very worried, but it went away on its own.. She said it felt like it was the size of a pea.

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
They have been several people on here have the injections done
and it will leave these cyst type things. They, have had to have them
removed. Nothing come from it, just a scar. Maybe they will chime in.

BluesMummy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thankyou !!! It is where his injection was given but that was 2 weeks ago while he was at the breeders. I will take him to get it checked out next week :) X

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Glad your breeder confirmed that it was the injection site. Your vet will probably track the size and hopefully in another 2 weeks it will go down. Please let us know how the vet visit goes.

Patti