Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Dark spots growing and traveling up..

Alllllllsphynx

Lairian
Hello everyone!
I posted not too long ago regarding some dark patchy spots that appeared on my little boy Klaus about two weeks ago after using coconut oil and have not applied it to him since. I am bathing with johnson baby wash & tropiclean hypoallergenic and the spots do not come off and they are flush with his skin ( cannot feel them) However, the spots seem to be getting worse(growing) up his sides and getting much darker...I cannot really tell if they bother him as he doesnt really attend to them other than licking.. Does anyone know what this might be ? I am taking him to the vet tonight.
Also, wipes are not helping as they do get the dirt off but not these spots therefore I do not think it is dirt..
All help is very much appreciated!
This was Klaus the night we applied the coconut oil (his skin was very dry)
image.jpg

This was about 4 days later
image.jpg

This picture is a week after the above picture ( bath was given)
image.jpg

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Alllllllsphynx , Klaus is adorable!

I am sure others will chime in with their experiences.

**Many of our kitties especially the dark colored kitties get pigmentation- my adoptee had very dark pigmentation that was vet checked to rule out yeast infection or urticaria. Lots of good threads here on the lair under the search box.

My Batman was a sun worshiper before I adopted him.
His pigmentation went away on its own once I kept him from window sunning.

***Also, what brand litter do you use for Klaus?
I have read here on the lair some kitties get yeast infections from worlds best cat litter

Does he nap on heat floor registers?

Many of use have good results with unscented Dust free Dr Elseys precious cat litter in the blue bag.
I can't use coconut oil on my 4 because they hate water and I could never get it rinsed well.
I use hylyt shampoo with exfoliating gloves every 4-6 weeks

Please keep us updated on Soo adorable Klaus

Attachments

Ickushouse

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I can't advise with the skin, but just wanted to say little Klaus is SOOOOOOOOO CUTE! That face! Those eyes!

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to sphynxlair, good to have you. Handsome little gentleman
he is. It looks like pigmentation. Hope that's what it is.
Let us know what you find out a the Vets.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I must also chime in with how adorable Klaus is!!!! I have no advice to give, but send you a welcome, and please post more photos of your handsome boy!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello everyone!
I posted not too long ago regarding some dark patchy spots that appeared on my little boy Klaus about two weeks ago after using coconut oil and have not applied it to him since. I am bathing with johnson baby wash & tropiclean hypoallergenic and the spots do not come off and they are flush with his skin ( cannot feel them) However, the spots seem to be getting worse(growing) up his sides and getting much darker...I cannot really tell if they bother him as he doesnt really attend to them other than licking.. Does anyone know what this might be ? I am taking him to the vet tonight.
Also, wipes are not helping as they do get the dirt off but not these spots therefore I do not think it is dirt..
All help is very much appreciated!
This was Klaus the night we applied the coconut oil (his skin was very dry)
View attachment 54076
This was about 4 days laterView attachment 54079
This picture is a week after the above picture ( bath was given) View attachment 54080
And if you apply coconut oil in that area it doesn't remove it? @ZiggyStardust had something similar on her sphynx I believe, also see this thread and its entirety - http://sphynxlair.com/community/threads/urticaria-pigmentosa.24462/

ZiggyStardust

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome! He is adorable! That does look like what our Toothy had and @Ashdm 's baby's belly. The info in those links will give you some good info. (y)