Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Darwins and Namirs first adventure together

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
So after having been sick during all of Christmas me and the guys finally got out on the road to go visit family and some friends and at least celebrate some.
The 270 miles trip went fine. Darwin is already used to it and Namir caused no problems either. The first minutes he meuwed a bit but after 15 minutes he concidered the car his home for now.

Just watch the God damn GPS! I told you it was left back there!

Chilling in my lap for the most during the 5h trip.

Half an hour before I reach my destination I pass the home of some high school friends so I usually stop there for a while. They have two cats and a dog. Darwin doesn't care the slightest about other cats or dogs and runs straight up to them but Namir is a bit more on the safe side. We stayed there for a couple of hours.

High School friend who really thought Darwin was gonna break at the slightest touch.

Namir meets his first no bred cat. Took an hour before they accepted eachother.

After that we made a quick stop at my brothers home. Namir had to wait in the car here because one of my brothers kids is allergic. With -17deg C outside it had to be brief so Namir wouldn't be a block of ice when we went on.

My sister in law is not a cat person but she likes Darwin. She just melts everytime she holds him.

So now we went on to my mother and her husband. She lives out in farm land. Got this cat named Disa that is a fighter and a small dog. Darwin had been there before but not Namir.
We had a couple of nice days, pets too. Disa chased Darwin and Namir around the house a few times but then for the first time in his life Namir stood up to something. He refused to back off and I was really amazed. Disa didn't know what to make of the situation and ran up to sleep after a long stand off.
I took Namir out on a leach in the 2foot snow and darwin stood inside and screamed for us so I let him out as well. He changed his mind pretty quickly in 10 below freezing though. :Hysterical::LOL:

Moms husband with the dog and Namir

Darwin watching one of the three bird feeding stations mom and hubby built in their yard.

Mom napping with Darwin and the dog

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
So, off to my dads.
As some of you know he is pretty sick so I try to go there as often as I can. He and his wife lives in a big house without pets. Lots of space to run around in for Darwin and Namir and they made full use of it.

Namir meets dad for the first time.

In the basement of the house it was pretty cold but with this thing Darwin just could not stop purring. The fluffiest fluffy thing he ever fluffed in. You might even say he was a fluffer for a while but that word is taken for other things not compatible with my cat. :Wink:

Darwin on his favourite spot. The shoulder of a human. Any human!

So, after a couple of days we went home and here we are.

Gizzymom

Banned
I always love the Darwin / Namir adventures!! They travel so well!

I have to ask though, what is that fluffy, fluffiest thing??? Looks GREAT!!!:ThumbsUp:

Lastly, so glad you guys got to get out and enjoy your holidays after being sick for xmas!! Was wondering why we haven't seen much of you lately..:Laugh:

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I always love the Darwin / Namir adventures!! They travel so well!

I have to ask though, what is that fluffy, fluffiest thing??? Looks GREAT!!!:ThumbsUp:

Lastly, so glad you guys got to get out and enjoy your holidays after being sick for xmas!! Was wondering why we haven't seen much of you lately..:Laugh:
The fluffy thing is a synthetic fur pelt. Really soft. Feels like a Holy Birma if you ever touched one. :Smile:

And yes. They do travel very well. :BigSmile:

pooner

Banned
Looks like a great trip! I love the picture of him watching the bird feeder station! :Smile:

I want one of those fluffy fluffiest things! That looks soooo snuggly! Nice pics! Love to hear of their adventures! And Darwin even went out in a snazzy sweater! Looks like they had a great time.

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Always great to see Darwin and Namir on adventures. Glad you are feeling better and got to see your family. Love the fluffy Darwin was in, do you plan on getting him one???

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Always great to see Darwin and Namir on adventures. Glad you are feeling better and got to see your family. Love the fluffy Darwin was in, do you plan on getting him one???
Yup, just need to find a place that sells them :)
Not only for him though, even I loved the feel of that thing. Just wanna rub my face against it. :LOL:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Great pictures. Thanks for posting. I'm so glad you are well and enjoyed a road trip with your boys. They seem to like visiting with yoru friends and family.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The fluffy is great, Pedda would love one of those. Let us know when you find one for sale please! Darwin's sweater is awesome too (I really like plaids).

It's so great that you're feeling better and got to spend some time with your family. I loved seeing all of you. Thanks for sharing.

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I love reading the Darwin/Namir adventures :BigSmile: The first pic is hilarious, like Namir is saying "DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!" lolz Sorry to hear you were sick over the holidays, that's no fun :ThumbsDown:

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Wow they travel well. Very cute, did you get any comments on his sweater?
A couple. :Wink:
Sweden and dressed animals don't mix that well but with 10-20 below freezing outside it is easy to explain why it is needed.

I love reading the Darwin/Namir adventures :BigSmile: The first pic is hilarious, like Namir is saying "DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!" lolz Sorry to hear you were sick over the holidays, that's no fun :ThumbsDown:
It really does look like that. It was just a normal meuw though. Got a few funny pics of Namir like that.
Like this one that looks like he is laughing so hard. Just a yawn.