Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Darwins first pictures (mobile phone pics)

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Here are some pics of Darwin the end result of millions of years of evolution. :ThumbsUp:

Last pic at breeder, age 14 weeks

First morning in bed

Sleeping pressed against my human.

It's sooo good. More!

Visitor, never seen a sphynx. It's up to me now. Charm it!

The only reason humans have shoulders is to house us.

Just have my mobile 5Mpixel cam yet but I'll try to get better pics soon. :) Next week we are doing some traveling. My dad is sick so need to go to south of sweden to visit him and then Darwin is coming with as well. He's gonna meet a Chinese naked dog, a few friends wants to see him that have cats and dogs but never saw a sphynx etc. Will have camera with to record the adventures to come. :D

Greets from Stockholm, Sweden.

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Darwin is adorable. Such unusual coloring...what color is he classified as?

Thank you. :)
He is is show bred and classified as "d 09" (Red and White).
He fits the race standards very well and is gonna be shown a few times for fun.
There is one small worry and that is that the length of his tail is a bit fuzzy, not much, but maybe enough to loose him some points. Guess the standard is the same over there. Bit of hair on the tip of the tail is ok. Gah! Laying on my sholder while I type and farted badly just now :Surprise:
Well it's not hairy but you know, short fuzz.
Both parents and 3 of the grandparents have done very well in shows as breeders in england and scandinavia.

On a side note the litter was quite spread in the coloring. 1 other d09, 1 n09 (black and white), 1 a09 (blue and white) and 1 f09 ( Black/brown tortie and white)
That is indeed quite a spread.

I really don't care much how he does in shows but it is gonna be fun once or twice just to have done it. He is getting a somali (silver sorrel) friend in a week who is 18 weeks old now and that cat I will have to show as the deal with that breeder is that he is to remain unnutered for breeding so ofc I will then bring Darwin as well.
My Darwin has the greatest personality and that's why I luvz him. <3

Sorry for a long answere, can't stop writing about my baby when I start sometimes :BigSmile:

holly_savage

Banned
No worries on the lengthy answer, you are not alone, we all love to show off and brag about our babies...I do it with constant pictures...lol

I hope he does very well in the shows! Good luck with him and your somali, they are a gorgeous cat too!

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
No worries on the lengthy answer, you are not alone, we all love to show off and brag about our babies...I do it with constant pictures...lol

I hope he does very well in the shows! Good luck with him and your somali, they are a gorgeous cat too!

Thank you again .
And yours are beautiful as well. Love Kokkas eyes :BigSmile: and both their black cute noses.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
A brother for Darwin. Hooray! Is your Somali a red head too? I look forward to hearing more about your boys. Good luck at the shows. They can be fun.

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
A brother for Darwin. Hooray! Is your Somali a red head too? I look forward to hearing more about your boys. Good luck at the shows. They can be fun.

No somali is a silver sorrel. It's a relativelly rare color of somalis (at least here).

exemples:
http://www.chacolaterie.com/pics/Gagny_studio03.jpg
http://www.chacolaterie.com/pics/alaska-ch-20060122-dos.jpg

It's a breeding male that the cattery don't have space for so we've made a deal that I will show him with the support of the breeder (I will own him however) and if he matures nicelly he will be used to widen the genetic base for silver sorrel somalis in sweden.
Time will tell. I hope ofc that he will do well but if he does I'll have a male indoor cat with balls on my hands and that can be a hazzle.
Time will tell. :D

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Re: Darwins first pictures (mobile phone pics) New pic/video

First bath.

Couldn't really film or shoot it all so just two pics and a short video.

He took it well, some complaints but nothing serious.

Last edited by a moderator:

TotenEngel

Banned
he is a real cutie! (but then I am very biased as he is a slighlty paler version of my Smeagol and I think they are about the same age too!) Shame you aren't closer as they could hang out together!!

Back