Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

day from you know where

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
This morning started out normal. I called the vet and made the appointment for the kids at 3:30pm. I got ready too Weston to daycare and went to work. I had a "sexual harrassment" seminar to attend and I had put my phone on silent. Well at the intermission I noticed I had a missed call from the daycare. I flipped and listened to the message and it said he was really sick. So I called back and she told me he had been crying since I left (2 hours) and would not let anyone put him down and was just not himself. I run over there and he has this huge rash all over his face and neck. I called his Dr. and they couldn't get him in so I took him to the ER. My son is NEVER fussy he rarely cries. So him just clinging to me sobbing had me really worried. We go in and the swabbed his throat. Then they put a tube in his nose and shot saline up it then sucked it back out, both sides. Then he got his blood drawn. Then chest exrays. Well this was HE double L. Finally after 4 hours they find out he has RSV. His white cell count is also 20,000, when normal is 5k-15k. They gave him a shot of antibiotic and a prescription because they think he has RSV and something bacterial as well. They wouldn't let us leave until his fever broke so we were there for 8 hours. He can't go to daycare for at least a week, most likely more. Sucks because they charge me 25 dollars for every missed day. My gramma is going to watch him when I go back to work. I most likely will stay home with him tomorrow unless he is WAY better. If he is way better tomorrow I will take the kids into the vet for their poop issues, but in the mean time they are going to have to wait because my son is so sick. I have never seen him like this even when he had it last time. I will keep everyone updated on both issues. My ex mother in law stopped and got a dewormer for me for them so I gave that to them and some pumpkin. They seem their normal selves minus the poop being smelly. It was actually more formed today then ever. Wish us luck!

PS: Now I have a sore throat. YAY!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
What a day!!! :ThumbsDown:
I would follow up with your doctor, just because I have seen way to many kids diagnosed wrong in the er. How hold is your son?

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Ah darling, what an awful day you had. I wish I could help more than sending healing thoughts your way. I would follow other fellow mom's advice and contact your son's doctor's office. He should know that your son was at the ER especially since a weekend is coming up and he may not get a report from the hospital for days.

Today will be a better day!

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
He is two. His Dr. is out of town until Monday which is why I had to take him to the ER in the first place. I trust that he has RSV as the hospital here is actually the only place that tests for it. I know this because he had this before when he was 8 months old. I do plan on taking him in next week to his Dr. Thanks for all the well wishes!

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm so sorry to hear your son is so poorly:ThumbsDown: Excuse my English ignorance but I don't know what RSV is?? Doesn't sound nice though and i hope he gets better soon.

Big hugs X

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
OMG - what a horrible day. I hate when our children get sick and it sounded like yours was REALLY sick. I am sending love and soothing vibes to you. Please take care of yourself.

Bella07

Banned
Oh I am so sorry to hear about your son! I really hope that both you and he are feeling much better, and will be well in no time. Sending my best wishes to all of you!

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm so sorry to hear your son is so poorly:ThumbsDown: Excuse my English ignorance but I don't know what RSV is?? Doesn't sound nice though and i hope he gets better soon.

Big hugs X

RSV stands for Respiratory syncytial virus. It is more common in young children and can cause a nasty infection in the lungs and breathing passageways. It is especially serious in newborns and babies.

I hope your son is feeling better today, Melonie.

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
He is really fussy but otherwise seems a lot better today than yesterday. He is getting into something right now, I can hear him! Off to check it out!

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
He was trying to stick a spoon in the fan, thankfully the slats were to small for it to fit through LOL

Back