Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Dehydrated treats recipes?

TheZu

Lairian
So, I'm getting a little ahead of myself. Gotcha day won't be sometime until March, early March or sooner if I'm lucky, but maybe not even until much later! I've been getting supplies on sale and shopping to pass the time.

The breeder I have a deposit with that I've been following for years feeds raw, I was interested in feeding raw anyway, but now I'm wondering about treats! I was looking online for good treats but wasn't finding anything I liked, and then I read somewhere about people making their own with a dehydrator. Well, I started looking up the cost of a dehydrator and found one on super sale for under $50.00 dollars and well, there goes my allowance and it's on its way with a three year warranty! I'm kinda excited to make treats for me too!

So, does anyone here make their own treats for their Sphynx with a dehydrator? Any tips or recipes? I don't have a Sphynx to give them to yet but my in-laws have two dogs (one a rambunctious puppy I'm trying to help occupy) that I'm sure would be willing food tester victims.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
I never make dehydrated treats for my sphynx (bad mummy!) But I do make dehydrated treats for myself:). So while waiting for gotchda day you could dry fruits (mango, pineapple, apple) as a treat for yourself. It's delicious and healthy!

TheZu

Lairian
I never make dehydrated treats for my sphynx (bad mummy!) But I do make dehydrated treats for myself:). So while waiting for gotchda day you could dry fruits (mango, pineapple, apple) as a treat for yourself. It's delicious and healthy!
Yeah, I'm excited for myself too, I figure the whole family can use it!

What I don't know is, if for meats, if there's a best way to cut it, or if it works different then fruits and veggies !that I'm more familiar with).

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sounds great ! To be honest I haven’t heard of dehydraters to use at home going have to look see if I can find a pic of one
Happy dehydrating :):)
, you will be a professional at it when your baby arrives :smuggrin:
Hugs
Anita & Cleo xxx❤️❤️❤️

lealea

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I believe @lealea makes dehydrated treats for her naked. Hopefully she will chime in.

Thank you for the mention!

I will definitely share my recipe later for liver treats, but I’m at work and don’t have my iPad here. I will do later today, if I can. Be warned, it’s a stink the house out kind of recipe! Not one to start if you are wanting to entertain house guests!

Back