Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Dental extraction

Kelly

Lairian
image.jpg
My baby Gizmo is having a dental extraction on Thursday. He has stomatitis and it is severe. He is only 1.5 yrs old. The vet said he will try to leave the K9 teeth but depending on his X-rays he may need a full mouth extraction. Is anyone familiar with this procedure and if so could you tell me what to expect afterwards as far as care and healing time? FYI ketamine will not be used.

Yoda mom

Staff member
Awh, busby Gizmo we are sending get well soon vibes!
There have been a few extractions here on the lair . I am sure they will chime on soon-
Ps- love the batman sweater
And glad to here noooo ketamine

Please keep us updated
Healing head smooches

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Positive thoughts are sent his way. There are several posts about stomatitis here in the community. Type in the word stomatitis in the search bubble and many past posts will pop up. Usually I would attach links, but there are several so I do not want you to miss any. Many are eating with no problem and no teeth with a couple of weeks.

Patti

naomi

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I've never experienced this but I just wanted to offer my support and wish you and your boy a smooth journey through this difficult event.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Sending supportive vibes to you and Gizmo. I'm not familair with stomatitis so can't give any advice. Hope the vet can leave the K9 teeth! Please keep us posted.

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
our son's 23+year-old grey cat (not sphynx) lost her teeth from age, and now she has just one canine tooth. She also came to Adam declawed in the front. She eats anything she wants, from dry food to people food, and regularly beats up their roomate's large male cat. The other cat has both claws and teeth, but Mystical is such a diva that he will not fight back. I don't know much about stomatis, but I do know that cats that have the extractions often heal up completely, feel great and have a better life afterwards. I hope this happens to you!