Hello Lairians. Hope everyone is well! I wanted to post about some worries I have (I will admit I worry about EVERYTHING when it comes to my na-kids!!). So some of you may know/remember Loki a sphynx from the east coast..If you know Loki (or his owners), you will know him as a beautiful, cheeky, photogenic beauty that filled lives with so much joy just from simply reading about his antics or looking at his photos on instagram. Besides spending time with my own na-kids and looking at them and constantly laughing and smiling, Loki inevitably brought a smile to my face each and every day as I followed his every move on instagram. It was a few months ago when I had a very long and stressful day at work and then had to run my husband to a doctor appt--as I sat down in the waiting room, I went right onto my phone and onto instgram looking for some Loki love to cheer me up. Unfortunately, I went on only to find out that Loki has passed during a routine dental cleaning (never woke up from the anesthesia).They said it was from an undiagnosed/underlying heart condition. My heart broke and I could not help but to burst out in inconsolable crying right there in the waiting room. I had to leave (by this time my husband had gone back for his PT eval) and wait for my hubby outside in the parking lot. To this day, it just breaks my heart BUT even morose it has put this horrible fear inside me to take my na-kids to the vet for ANYTHING, let alone a dental cleaning. So--with that..I am rational and know the importance of good dental hygiene in my babies--especially for my Arlo who has terrible teeth (gets them cleaned twice a year) and that not getting dentals can lead to gum infection, bigger issues and can affect their overall health. So, they are both scheduled for dentals (together) for the beg. of October. My question is--should I get them scanned for HCM and if so, is there a reasonably priced way of doing so? I have heard that this test is super expensive and although I would do anything to ensure the health of my babies, I thought perhaps there might be less expensive way of getting it done (HCM clinics, other tests to detect HCM, etc..). I know anything can happen at anytime but I just have this incessant fear now of losing one of my babies and it is a debilitating fear that I struggle with. My anxiety level over bringing my babies in for this simple dental cleaning is really taking it's toll. I have already scheduled the day off from work and am meeting with the vet ahead of time (although it's the vet techs that do the actual cleaning). My vet knows I am a worrisome cat mom and obliges me with extra measures that make me feel a little better but nothing can prepare you if something tragically happens to your babies. I know losing them is a part of the cycle of life, but I can't bear the thought and want to take any measures necessary to ensure they live a long, healthy life. Again, any suggestions on getting them tested for HCM.. (also as a side note--the breeder I got my babies from did say that parents tested negative for HCM but I found after I got my babies that this breeder was not as reputable as I had thought ). TYIA !! And sorry for the lengthy post!!