Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Denver, Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
What a pity. I would take her if I were allowed to have three but I already have a hold on another kitty! I wonder why they referred to her as egyptian. I hope she finds a good home! I'm worried because she didn't post anything about her needing weekly baths, and such...I hope she screens her inquiries.

Inferno12

Banned
I sent her an email and this is the response I got

She is papered but fixed. We got her from a private breeder in the mountains. She went to the vet about 3 weeks ago for a check up. Otherwise just maybe if I could dig up old shots etc. I am sure I do have the paperwork from her being spayed. Declawed. And microchipped I believe.

A breeder in the "mountains" what the he** does that mean? The mountains of egypt??? :LOL::LOL:

Declawed?

I want her really bad but I dont think I need another "pet" if I am going to eventually breed these naked little gems

holly_savage

Banned
Egyptian SPhynx????? what the heck is that? Never heard of it?
And she doesn't look all that naked eithrt (not that makes her any less lovable) but these people don't really sound like they know what they are talking about...but hey, who knows, maybe Egyptian 'Sphnx' really do exist!

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I emailed the lady who was looking for one from Colorado about her maybe she can get her. The rocky mountains? LOL I don't know. I have too much going on plus I don't want to drive to Colorado, plus I have enough!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

What kind of breeder would let someone declaw a sphynx and she has to much hair.
the papers are also useless once a cat is declawed.
It sounds like they no nothing about sphynx and why not send her back to the breeder.

Inferno12

Banned

What kind of breeder would let someone declaw a sphynx and she has to much hair.
the papers are also useless once a cat is declawed.
It sounds like they no nothing about sphynx and why not send her back to the breeder.

That is exactly the thoughts that I was having about. I sent an email of this to my partner and she said....this isnt a Sphynx. This is someones cat that they shaved :LOL::LOL::LOL: and she really doenst know too much about Sphynx other than the fact that Johnny is naked!! :Surprise::Surprise:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well it kinds looks like it has rex in it.
I see them at the shows all the time.

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have a cat that has a ton of hair and is sphynx and not mixed.

I also got her in Colorado, but she doesn't have papers. There is a breeder there that sells "velour" sphynx. This is her as a lil kitten. Don't mind her eye crud this is when she had chlaymidia. She is covered in hair very thin fine fluff and then you can see the hair on her legs and tail and face. She has more hair now I think.

Attachments

• IMG00051.jpg
    IMG00051.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG00145.jpg
    IMG00145.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 28

nefariousmango

Lairian
We went and met this little girl today, and boy is she fuzzy! Nice personality, wants to be with you all the time and is definitely a cuddler, her ears were a bit dirty but she and the male the family had were clearly bathed regularly. I felt bad for her, no claws! Ugh.

She's a sweet cat but I honestly don't think she'll get along with our boy- she's on the fat, lazy side and all he wants to do is play play play! I hope someone has a nice, peaceful home for her!

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
We went and met this little girl today, and boy is she fuzzy! Nice personality, wants to be with you all the time and is definitely a cuddler, her ears were a bit dirty but she and the male the family had were clearly bathed regularly. I felt bad for her, no claws! Ugh.

She's a sweet cat but I honestly don't think she'll get along with our boy- she's on the fat, lazy side and all he wants to do is play play play! I hope someone has a nice, peaceful home for her!

Thanks for the first hand update. Sometimes it is hard to pass a good kitty up, but it is so important that all the personalities mesh well.

She will not end up here, she will not end up here, she will not end up here! ;)

Do you want us to help you with this chant? :Wink:

nefariousmango

Lairian
Yeah, her owners clearly love her and she was in good health, they're just being smart and downsizing before they get another human grandchild to watch every day! She seems to be screening people pretty well, too. Said it took her ages to find the right home for her African Grey (she was worried he would bite the baby since he could open the cage on his own) and then she helped make it work for them because they were knowledgeable and a good match.

I just hope this kitty gets a great home, I wish we were taking her!

MikkiJean

Lairian
I'm thinking about going for her. I contacted the owner and am just waiting for a reply. It's a long drive for me, but I'll be heading that way in a couple weeks or so anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back