Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Denver, Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wow, a lot of sphynx cats needing rehoming in Denver lately. I hope they all find good homes.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I hate when people say "it's not about the money" when it obviously is. She's looking for the highest bidder for her cat, which is sad.

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I almost made a re: post but didn't because I do want her cat to have a good home. As we have noticed they are pretty easy to come by in the Denver area lately, I don't think shes going to get 1k for her cat. I will give her 200. :LOL:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Unfortunately, there just not enough us here on Sphynx Lair in the Colorado area who can give of all these cats new homes. :Sad: I can't take any more cats in and I don't know of anybody within my social circle who wants to spend hundreds of $$ on a sphynx.

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Me either, like I pmed you before with the lady I know there who has kittens and can't find homes for them. I hope this boy goes to a good home. I emailed her to let her know about some of the craigslist people who like to take on animals and resale them. I hope I didn't sound too snotty but I just want her to be careful

ETA: I don't know why I keep saying her, it could be a he

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
A show cat that's been fully declawed? ROFL. Since when do ANY of the associations allow declawed cats to be shown? She's just spouting crap to try to get a better price.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
A show cat that's been fully declawed? ROFL. Since when do ANY of the associations allow declawed cats to be shown? She's just spouting crap to try to get a better price.

You're absolutely right, marlene! No way that cat would be declawed if it's a show cat (none of my Siamese cats were declawed and neither is Piglet, who I suspect was a former show cat). Also, the sphynx cat in the picture doesn't look "high quality" enough to be a show kitty.

Bella07

Banned
I hope they all find great homes. Sorry, but if you have to rehome your animal, it doesn't matter how much you "put into it." And, by rehoming your pet, you can not expect to get a "refund" or "recoup" some of the money you lost. By bringing any animal into your home, you're making a commitment, and no matter what, be sure you are doing everything with the pet's best interest in mind. Not the $$$$.

By the way, Melonie did you ever bring Santana home? Or did I miss a post or something?!

AnnetteJaehn

Lairian
Hi
I live North of Denver about an hour. We just lost our cat this week and I've been thinking about this breed for a while. I would like to give a needy cat a good home. I have a hard time with people who are trying to sell their cats they don't want for large sums of $$. It seems like they would be more concerned about giving the cat a good home than the money. Any suggestions on a good rescue group?
Thanks,

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi
I live North of Denver about an hour. We just lost our cat this week and I've been thinking about this breed for a while. I would like to give a needy cat a good home. I have a hard time with people who are trying to sell their cats they don't want for large sums of $$. It seems like they would be more concerned about giving the cat a good home than the money. Any suggestions on a good rescue group?
Thanks,

Annette, there are no sphynx cat rescue groups in Colorado or in the Rocky Mtn area that I know of. Your best bet is to keep checking the Sphynx Cat Rescue section here on the Sphynx Lair site. I recently found my new sphynx male cat "Amo" because another member here posted a denverpost.com ad from someone in Denver looking for a new home for their sphynx cat.

Be prepared to spend some $$ for your new sphynx kitty, though. Sphynx cats are relatively rare and some people adopt them just to resell them. The rehoming price just ensures that the person adopting the cat is serious about having them as a pet and new member of their family. I think anywhere between $300 -$500 is a reasonable rehoming fee for an adult sphynx cat.

nefariousmango

Lairian
I wish we had room, but with our new Donskoy kitten we suddenly have too much cat in this house! Man, is she trouble!

I live just West of Denver and I've looked at a fair few Sphynx cats in the area. Expect to pay $400 for a rehome fee, which I think is fair anyway, and do a vet check first if they'll let you. At least half the cats we saw were being rehomed for medical issues that, although apparent to us, might not be apparent to a first time hairless cat owner. One of our cats we got for $200 and knew we'd be paying $1k or more at the vet; had we realized it would be $5K we probably would have just sucked it up and paid for a kitten! So, beware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back