Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Deposit Placed! Introducing our new Lord, Beerus!

Murrocity

Lairian
Hello again fellow Lairians, and join me in celebrating some exciting news!

Last year, some of you may remember I was looking for general Sphynx-care info, Breeder info, and Vet recommendations.

Well, we finally met with a Breeder who some of my family are familiar with, and met with her kitties. To our joy, my SO didn't react to any of her kitties AT ALL -
even the ones with peach fur and/or small patches of fur on them!

So ~ so hello to our boy, Lord Beerus!

processed.jpeg
IMG_8839.jpg

Deposit was made last weekend, and the Breeder just contacted me again today with a new pic (on the right) and to let me know she'd be working on setting up his transportation date, as he's currently in Russia and will need to come to the US before our official pick-up date.

I was wondering --
what sort of things should I prepare for with welcoming a kitty from out-of-country?

I'm not yet sure if the Breeder intends for me to arrive to pick up the same day he'll be arriving in the US, or if he'll have time at her Cattery to rest beforehand - and thought it'd be a good idea to get some info and prepare beforehand. I'm sure he's going to be tired from the travel, so I want to make sure I can keep him as comfortable and stress-free as possible. Esp since he'll also need a vet visit within 48 hours of me picking him up from the Breeder.

Also; are there any specific things I should ensure to do to make him more comfortable around the house as a Bambino?

I'll be doing some research om Bambinos specifically now that I know my boy is one, but I'd to hear what others who are experienced with them have to say.

I'm still excited. So much.
I can't wait to welcome him home.

p.s. - any advice/stories are welcome, truthfully!
I'm trying so hard to stay sane while I wait for him :sob:

Edit: I just realized, I received the 1 Year Anniversary Here at Sphynxlair trophy today! So crazy how things work like that! All the more excited now!

Last edited:

pussiette

Gold Lairian
Notable Member

Murrocity

Lairian
Thank you for this, I'll be sure to give it all a good read!

And YES - we'll be taking the entire month to prepare the house for his arrival. {=
Just in time for spring cleaning!

Any recommendations for insurance? My SO will be calling USAA next week to see if they have anything, but we'll need to do some good research.
Might also talk to the Breeder and maybe the vet and see what they say.

Murrocity

Lairian
I got some updates everyone!!!
He was born January 5th, so will officially be 16 weeks April 27th!
Of course, his trip from Russia comes first; but we are expecting to meet him and bring him home sometime around May 12-15!

We are so incredibly excited; Lord Beerus will have many pets and loving to catch-up on. Heheh.

Murrocity

Lairian
@Murrocity what a stunning baby... looks like a lot of personality! following for updates! {=
They say he's very, very sweet; likes to chase after their hands and the rustling of bags, and has a small toy ball he really likes to play with! :)

Big congratz! Love those striped legs...
Thank you! And right!? {=

Let the count down till Gotcha Day begin!
And so it has! :D I've got it all setup on my calendar. The days simply can't go by fast enough : (
My SO says it's not fair. HAHA. Already missing our baby boy before we've even gotten to meet him.

Murrocity

Lairian
Haha, I'd say "The Wrinkler" is pretty awesome too!

Some say it's not accurate due to his stripes, but I say he's simply a "shiny version" / Rare/Legendary.~
And I love how his little Tabby crest has formed on his head. Like a natural crown for our sweet Lord.

(my friend said he's a precious bean, so now calls him Lord Beerus the Beanus. :0)

Murrocity

Lairian
I caved over the weekend and had to do a little early shopping for Lord Beerus. There's much more to come of course, but for now we've got -

20210417_142744.jpg

□ A super fluffy bed
□ A soft unicorn buckwheat-bag plush for optimal warmth when snuggling
□ A harness and leash for walks at the Art Gallery across the street. Ofc, I'm not sure if it'll fit him, so he might have to grow into it, but it's adorable! It has a little hood on it with kitty ears!

I haven't gotten any new pics yet but, I've been getting more info on what sort of diet hell be on --

What do you guys think of Royal (wet and dry) and Purina One Pro Plan w/probiotics? This is what their mothers and kittens eat, and what he'll be coming home with a little of.

Any similar brands I could look into as well incase these aren't in stores?

And what are thoughts on boiled chicken? I've seen some conflicting opinions, and am having a hard time finding research resources or discussions on the matter.

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Regardless of brand, feed wet food over kibble.

Boiled chicken could be a great snack but only a snack because it's not a "balanced" diet. When I'm making a steak or grilling something else for myself I usually trim a little bit off for the cats. Theirs I don't season and I just leave it rare. They love it. Well at least 2 of them love it; the 3rd one insists on eating his rabbit and only his rabbit.

Back