Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Desperately seeking sphynx in need of a pampered home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitty Katy

Lairian
Hi everyone! My family and I would love to welcome a sphynx into our home. I am looking at buying a kitten if I don't find a kitten or cat in need of rescue first. I have always felt better about checking for an animal in need of adoption before I buy from a breeder. The only indoor animal we have is a 20 year old Westie. I have a two year old and a four year old who are very gentle with animals. My mom just got a kitten and my girls absolutely love him. We would be willing to travel or pay for shipping charges if it is too far away. Thank you all so much and have a great day! -Katy

katy-graves@ouhsc.edu

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
You need to be very careful and not take a sphynx from just anyone.
There are many sick sphynx out there that will end up costing you more then they would from a good breeder after vet bills.
I know so many people that have been hurt.

Kitty Katy

Lairian
Thank you for the info. That is true. I will keep that in mind. That makes me feel a little better about paying 900 for a kitten too.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Kitty Katy and welcome! Best of luck on your search. First off you have to decide if it is a kitten or a older rescue you would like to welcome to your home, then begin your search. Just keep in mind that it can sometimes take some time to find the one for you but your time.

Bella07

Banned
Finding the perfect Sphynx to welcome into your home will take time. Patience is key, and the extra effort will be more than worth it in the end when you have your baby cuddled in your arms! If you do decide to buy a kitten, look for a breeder that you trust completely, try to visit her cattery and, research important questions to ask. Rescuing is a wonderful thing, but can be hard to come by. Keep an eye on Craigslist and Petfiner. Or you could always adopt a retired breeder from a cattery. Well Good Luck and the perfect Sphynx will come into your life when the time is right!

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to Sphynx Lair. Take your time and do your research. Patience is the key. The wait can be awful but the rewards are worth it. Good luck in your Sphynx quest.

nefariousmango

Lairian
Welcome, and good luck! I am trying to help a lady find a home for hers, she has two young children and he's great with them so he might be a good fit. See my post- black Sphynx in Portland, OR :)

Status
Not open for further replies.