Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

did u see this???

Didn't know where to post this one but did you guys see the story about the Sphynx cat that his owner really got him tattooed?? It was in Russia.... the link is below...

http://www.petwellbeing.com/articles/2009/03/tattooed-cats-all-rage-in-russia.cfm

I dunno about this.... i mean he was put under anesthesia but stil, maybe a little selfish for the owner to do this ?? i mean what if the cat never woke up? That would be horrible.... also if you are familiar with tattooes they get crunchy and I think after the initial tattoo was even done the poor baby would be sore for days.... poor thing...
It does look cool though but.... not worth it to him!

Personally, I think it's disgusting. I love tattoos, I have many, I've even given some, but no way in heck would I do this to my cat!

I know how much a tattoo hurts me, it is cruel to do this to an animal just to decorate it. It is no less cruel than kicking or hitting. They think they are being cool, but really they are torturing an animal for decoration purposes.

You would have to put the animal under anesthetic, and probably dope it for a few weeks while the tattoo heals, so it doesn't scratch or lick it (which would cause infections and damage)

It''s just wrong. :Angry:

I totally agree..... selfish reasoning of "cuteness" or "badass" for the cruelty of an animal.... disgusting :Cry:

Maggies mommy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Personally, I think it's disgusting. I love tattoos, I have many, I've even given some, but no way in heck would I do this to my cat!

I know how much a tattoo hurts me, it is cruel to do this to an animal just to decorate it. It is no less cruel than kicking or hitting. They think they are being cool, but really they are torturing an animal for decoration purposes.

You would have to put the animal under anesthetic, and probably dope it for a few weeks while the tattoo heals, so it doesn't scratch or lick it (which would cause infections and damage)

It''s just wrong. :Angry:
I couldn't have said it better!!! I totally agree!!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
This story was already posted in one of the threads, but it's WRONG, WRONG, WRONG to tattoo an animal like that, no matter how cool or trendy it may look. These owners should be shot, in my opinion.