Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Did you ever grow apart?

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I know Ellie has been in pain recently, but her new medication is really helping her. I can even stroke her back all the way down! But I’ve noticed that she doesn’t want to be as close to me as she used to. She used to want to be held all the time and would always sit next to me at least on the couch. She would sleep on my chest at night. She’s not doing any of these things now. When I initiate a cuddle it lasts at most 2 minutes. Anyone else had their Sphynx grown apart from them? Is that even what this is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Sheldon13 awwwwwh I am glad the medication the medication is giving her relief

Mine go through moods when on medication much like people we can feel a little off while our bodies adjust
Have you tried a warm blanket from the dryer on your lap ? A hearing pad (make sure to shut off and unplug - don’t rely on auto off )

Btw .. off topic - I am in awe of you talent with charcoals! Hope you can share more pics
They are stunning

Hugs n hesd smooches

naomi

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yes, I noticed this BIG time when I moved in with my partner. She used to sleep with me every night and would always cuddle. She still cuddles me in the morning and sometimes in the evening when watching tv, but she never sleeps in our bedroom. She sleeps in one of the kids beds instead, even when we don’t have the kids (we share them with my partner’s ex) . I don’t really know why she doesn’t like our bed. She likes my partner and also cuddles him. Oh well, it is super cute when she snuggles the kids at night. They love it.

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I haven’t tried a blanket out of the dryer, no. Though I have covered her with blankets that have been on her heating pad so they are warm. Again, she’s there for maybe a minute and then gets down. She used to stay on my chest for hours.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Gald to hear the meds are working and Ellie is in less pain.
When cats grow older they chabge routines and habits. Just like people. What I always heard, but don't know if it's correct, cats take a little more distance from humans when they get older.
But it can also be she needs to settle with her new meds and is adapting.

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I’ve made an appointment for her neurologist again next week. I really hope that she is distant because of pain and that with the right meds it can be fixed. I hate the thought that she simply might not want to be as close to me.

Annejo12

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Since I brought my kitty home as a kitten I have shown her nothing but love. My husband is allergic to her and tries not to touch her. Lately she seems to prefer my husband. Maybe they are secure in our love and are trying to win over other people!

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Since I brought my kitty home as a kitten I have shown her nothing but love. My husband is allergic to her and tries not to touch her. Lately she seems to prefer my husband. Maybe they are secure in our love and are trying to win over other people!
Lol great theory, except I live alone. No other pets either. Puzzling.

Annejo12

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I also find if I don't pay too much attention to Raphael she suddenly wants me more. So I just don't approach her and let her come to me. That usually gets me mo

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Sheldon13 positive vibes sent for today’s appointment
Following closely for updates

Hi darling Ellie ! head smooches sent