Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Dinks being a Sphynx

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
OK - so it is beautiful temps outside (84 degrees) and Dinks, Mom, Bevan and I are out on the patio. I am watching Dinka swat at a bee, saying NNNOOO to him. He slams the bee down on the concrete and WHAM, gets stung. He his biting and licking his paw furiously. I run over to him and scrap the stinger out before Dinka gets the venom sac to release into his paw. I ran into the house and got some anti inflamitory meds that I had, rubbed it on his paw then gave him an oral dose. No paw swelling and no reaction. YEAH. :Smile:

ktate88

Banned
Excellent job!!! Benedryl (and stronger!) do great things.

Niles was watching the bees at the park when we went out the other day-- I felt sure he was going to pounce, but he sat on the sheet and watched intently!

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
way to go Momma!!! it's funny how we can see things happen before they actually happen, huh?
Maybe he learned a lesson? although... probably not lol!
sounds like he's back to his self!

Jocy24

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
way to go Momma!!! it's funny how we can see things happen before they actually happen, huh?
Maybe he learned a lesson? although... probably not lol!
sounds like he's back to his self!

Learning Hmmm I don't know about that. My Harry got stung on the paw by a wasp he caught. It swelled for a day but that was it. Couple days later he was back at his bug catching antics. His urge to destroy little flying pests is too strong. :Smile:

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Omg, max just got stung by a wasp. He called vet. They want to give max an antihistamine shot. Ahhhhhh

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Catzzzmeow Just swelling. No breathing problems. The vet gave Max an antihistamine shot and sent him home with an oral variant if the swelling doesn't go down in 8 hours. Hubby was surprised at how much of a celbrity Max was at the vet's. Ha

Max is presently sleeping after a bunch of treats (hubby feels guilty but I told him that it wasn't his fault). Hubby was beside himself. I will be home by 9 pm tonight, 6 hours after the sting.

What a weekend. I feel sorry for hubby as this was the first time he had to really look after max and he was so proud that he was doing so well.

I just want to be home, cuddling my baby. And having a hot toddy before bed.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Quick followup, @Catzzzmeow ... Hubby just emailed:

"Hey ya. We had a nap. I just fed Max a light diner. He is fine, swelling has gone down now and he is chatting with Elvis."

ELVIS is our neighbour's cat, who Max always wants to play with.

Sounds good. Whew.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Xandria happy to hear that Max is okay and the swelling has gone down. Your hubby did take care of Max very well cause he took him to the vet right away after the stung. We can't stop our sphynx from doing things they shouldn't do nor can't we protect them all the time but we can take care of them very well when something happens. And that's what your hubby did!

Enjoy cuddling with Max (and hubby:) )

Back