Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

cherylfawnp

Lairian
Ok, so I read on a few other threads that almost everyone here says their sphynx kitty gets a dirty butt. My question is this, do their butts get dirty from using the bathroom or from their oily skin? My experience with other pets has been the less hair in that area, the cleaner they stay after using the bathroom...

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hmm, well Butterball doesn't have issues with the bathroom. He's relatively clean as far as poop is concerned. However, he is one dirty little critter. He reminds me of a persons foot. Like someone has been walking barefoot on wooden floors.

Actually, I never really look at his behind unless he sticks it in my face. I hope he's clean, otherwise I probably have cat feces all over my blankets.

apcolleen

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hmm, well Butterball doesn't have issues with the bathroom. He's relatively clean as far as poop is concerned. However, he is one dirty little critter. He reminds me of a persons foot. Like someone has been walking barefoot on wooden floors.

Actually, I never really look at his behind unless he sticks it in my face. I hope he's clean, otherwise I probably have cat feces all over my blankets.

ew mike ! lol

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
As Mike says, their butt is like a fifth foot. Without the hair to protect their skin, dirt and stuff can stick and build up from all the surfaces they sit on.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Snuffie is dirtier from sitting on her bum more than from doing her daily business. Sometimes she'll have a crusty hanging but it usually doesn't show up until its bath day. Maybe she just knows I'm giving her a bath that day so why clean herself! lol

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
also crusties from anal glands....usually a little black area on either side of the anus that is crusty but comes off with a wipe of a cloth smeared with coconut oil..

Last edited by a moderator:

lodisphynx

Lairian
I so love my baby! As far as poopy butt, the only place I've ever seen "residue" is right around the "wrinkly butt area", and is no worse than what I've seen on my hairys. And very seldom at that. Maybe just a sit down on the rug/sofa or wherever helps.

Maybe less noticable on the hairys? I've seen nothing else that a quick swipe with a tissue couldn't handle. And no different than if I seriously examine the "outproduct" end.

I can kiss this baby anywhere except within maybe 1 inch on either side on the "downside "tail wind"''

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member

:LOL::LOL::LOL: You're a real trip.

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
My Boone Boone's poo poo has always been like a 'pudding' consistency, yet his bum is always totally clean. Knock on wood:Laugh:

JamesJ

Lairian
My little one gets a dirty butt at times. He tends to go outside more than he does inside (only on the garden, but he has a specific patch where he poops) but he has had a bit stuck and decided to run into the house and wipe it on the floors ... not nice!

I keep a packet of baby wipes handy. If he's got it all over him it's straight for the shower.

I think it's to be expected and I've now learnt to accept this is just the way they are and to adapt to them rather than trying to change the way they do their business.

Just wait until they put their paws in it and run all over your furniture. A good 2 hours the other night to clean it! Bless him.

anastasia88

Lairian
Aphrodite has a dirty butt all the time, night and day..She's only a year old, so wasn't sure if its going to be a consist problem or not.. NOW, i see it is..not sure when its better to clean her booty,, day or night? please help

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Aphrodite has a dirty butt all the time, night and day..She's only a year old, so wasn't sure if its going to be a consist problem or not.. NOW, i see it is..not sure when its better to clean her booty,, day or night? please help
Hi @anastasia88 - does your sphynx have runny poo perhaps leading to the dirty butt syndrome? If no health issues have been found with your vet, pumpkin (not the pie filler) works wonders on the tummy issues.

dejavually

Lairian
I tried the coconut thing...ugh it doesn't really work too well barely but some. The trick is is to be very gentle and I use dawn dish soap a bit of that and a hot microfiber cloth is good to use. I also second the baby wipes if you catch it early like RIGHT after they use the bathroom. I know when my piglet goes he hurries and leaves the scene of the crime I like to say.

naomi

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Lol Frida's nickname is "poo bum" I call her that if her bum is dirty or not now, but it used to be a big problem before we got her diet under control. Now she gets little dark crusties around the " winkie area" as someone put it. She loves to put her bum in my face while I'm petting her. It is such an honour of course.

nudebea

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Couldnt stop laughing at these conversations ! Only on Sphynxlair ! My Kiwi tends to curl her tail under her when shes going to the bathroom so you can guess what sometimes happens. It "happened" at 6.30 am this morning . Her little 'paint brush " tail end had been dipped and was ready to start decorating the house with her own unique type of art. Fortunately, I was there to witness the event and, well, all hail the baby wipes.! In contrast, my boy Wilson has a clean butt.Usually.

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Baby wipes for a quick clean after lucifer uses the toilet, I like to hover over him if I can so he doesn't get carried away burying and treds it all over!

Back