Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

dirty dry skin

Karen

Lairian
Hi all ~ I need help ~
My 5 month old baby boy gets dirty very quickly and I bath him every week with baby shampoo and wipe him down every 2 days with baby wipes.
He developed dirty brown on the underneath side from his neck to him feet. I used coconut oil before his bath but the brown did not really get any better.

I then bought a stronger baby shampoo and tried again the same day. He looked cleaner but the next morning it was even browner and his skin feels dry.

Please let me know what I can do and what type of shampoo is the best to use. Here in South Africa we have a limited choice.

What can I use to heal his skin and to get rid of that brown.

I am really worried now
Love
Karen and Vin Diesel
20140104_140312.jpg

Joanne

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I had the same problem with Bella. When I read about D'greaser I started using that and it works wonders. I got it from Amazon after reading many Lairians were using it. I don't need to bathe her every week, now it's every other week.

andreanar

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
My female gets filthy fast too. I used the D'Grease and it made her dirtier, so does coconut oil. Now i use Earthbath hypoallergenic and it works great for my guys. Since your babe has dry skin, i would look for a gentle, hypoallergenic shampoo and only bathe once a week or every 10 days. Let him just be dirty for a week, i know its hard but you are prob drying out his skin. Do your wipes have alcohol in them? That is drying. Maybe instead of wipes just try wiping him down with a warm wet cloth.

Is he drinking enough water? Eating soft food?

Karen

Lairian
My female gets filthy fast too. I used the D'Grease and it made her dirtier, so does coconut oil. Now i use Earthbath hypoallergenic and it works great for my guys. Since your babe has dry skin, i would look for a gentle, hypoallergenic shampoo and only bathe once a week or every 10 days. Let him just be dirty for a week, i know its hard but you are prob drying out his skin. Do your wipes have alcohol in them? That is drying. Maybe instead of wipes just try wiping him down with a warm wet cloth.

Is he drinking enough water? Eating soft food?

Karen

Lairian
I will rather wipe with a warm face cloth. I seldom see that he drinks water. I bought him a water fountain for Christmas but he is scared of it so I went back to normal bowl.

He eats Hills kitten wet food and dry food.

I will really try to ignore the brown dirt for at least a week and then bath.

Never knew they can get dirty so quickly. But I love my little piggy

andreanar

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I love my dirty girl too! I think the coconut oil left a residue on her and just caused everything to stick to her. I felt the same about the D'Grease. Her ears and toenails are always dirty too! She's lucky she's so dang cute. Lol

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to sphynxlair good to have you.
HyLyT shampoo.poo is great. You can get it on Amazon and a few other places
just Google it. I don't care for the Decrease shampoo, it doesn't work for
Izmae. I don't use the coconut oil eighter, I think they both make them greasy.
Wash every 10 days, wash face every day with warm cloth, clean ears twice a week.
Use wipes, alcohol free, fragrance free, to clean rest of body in between baths.

Karen

Lairian
Hi all. Thank you for your replies. Just to give you an update ~ my baby got the dry brown skin due to me over bathing. I feel terrible. Breeder told me to apply baby bum cream to the brown skin and please not to bath him again. After the first application it started to look better already. Brown skin pealing.
The only small problem I have now is all the cat litter that sticks to him. But it's a lesson and reminder when I see the cat litter on my bed not ever to over bath every again.

Back