Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Do all sphynx sexes get along?

Elaina

Lairian
hi all, been some time since I've posted here all has gone swimmingly with Gabbi! Picture below for anyone interested.

My partner and I have just bought a house so we are eager to get our next Sphynx to keep our little girl happy. (Who doesn't love a playmate? ;)) Gabbi is a year old.

My question is can two females get along? I was hoping to find a male but the reputable breeders I know will not have litters until another 6 months that will be ready to take home anyway! A lady who I know well is retiring one of her queens, who is 4 years old, very friendly and chilled out apparently. :)

I always had a male in my mind, I assumed two females wouldn't get along, would love it if anyone could share their experiences! xx

Attachments

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
We see all kinds of combinations getting along. Many ask the breeder for what they think the cat's personality is like (crazy, laid back, dominant etc) and then members think about what is complimentary to the baby they already have and best to go from there. You would not want 2 dominant personalities etc. Chilled out is usually a great addition as they are not looking to be top cat in a household where another cat has been ruling so already you might have a great combination. The key is taking it slowly and not rushing introductions. Good luck!

Here is a great link on introducing another cat to the household.
Introducing a new adult sphynx cat or sphynx kitten into the home

Patti

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Happy to hear Gabbi is doing well and that she will get a friend! She looks so cute.
I have two boys at home and the get along real well. A friend of mind has two girl and that's going more then well too. Do you know if Gabbi is easy going with other cats? And the cat of the breeder you want to rehome? I think it's more about character then about sexes. Please let us know what you decide!

Elaina

Lairian
Thank you all for your advice. Where I live there is just so many back hard breeders it's terrible.

I've decided not to go for the 4 year old before. I want gabbi to feel like she is still the biggest so I think a shy kitten would be best.

I've been holding out for a boy but I know two breeders who I know are great, and one of the really reputable breeders has just sent me an email about her female kitten and she is beautiful. I've just replied asking what her temperament is like as Gabbi is playful but not in the slightest way aggressive. We shall see! :) x

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Thank you all for your advice. Where I live there is just so many back hard breeders it's terrible.

I've decided not to go for the 4 year old before. I want gabbi to feel like she is still the biggest so I think a shy kitten would be best.

I've been holding out for a boy but I know two breeders who I know are great, and one of the really reputable breeders has just sent me an email about her female kitten and she is beautiful. I've just replied asking what her temperament is like as Gabbi is playful but not in the slightest way aggressive. We shall see! :) x
That sounds good! Keep us posted about the girl:)