Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

DO or WOULD you feed your sphynx a raw diet?

DO or WOULD you feed a raw diet to your sphynx?

• Yes I do!

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Heck no!

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Iv'e tried it once or twice.

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • I have thought about it.

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Thats literally disgusting!

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters

assibassi

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I have mine on Raw now over 2 years and don't regret a minute. They are doing so great on it and the Litterbox is almost a joy !! haha

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
No I don't. Izmae has always, been as healthy as cab be.
Never had problems with stomachs or diarrhea. So I will
stick with what I'm doing.

Lickleone

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Never have and probably never will. Both my boys healthy and as fit as two fiddles lol with tummies as strong as rocks lol

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I've been trying, but Pixie looks at me as if I'm trying to poison her.
Plus, where I'm moving, I won't be able to get any.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I've been trying, but Pixie looks at me as if I'm trying to poison her.
Plus, where I'm moving, I won't be able to get any.

Then it'd likely best to stick with what you can get and what she'll eat. Not all cats enjoy a raw diet. Hugs.

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Toothless was not thrilled about the switch over when I brought her from the breeders but Elfie was already on raw (and took to it beautifully).

If I just had Tooth I probably would have let her stay on kibble, but Elfie NEEDED to be on raw for health reasons and so I was not feeding one raw and one kibble ...

Took me probably a solid 3 months to completely switch Toothless over to raw and now is mindless carnivore!! She hunts down that food bowl and pounces on it for all she's worth not coming up for air until that bowl is spotless!!

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Master Marcus A.A. came to us eating a raw diet, and our other 2, Sydney Cat and Queen Cleopatra, absolutely refused to touch raw food. We kept Marcus on the diet for about 6 months, but then changed him over to the same food that Cleo eats. My main issue with a raw diet was that I had a severe case of Caampylobacter food poisioning 2 years ago. It is caused by raw chicken exposure, and both it and Salmonella are not killed by freezing, only by cooking the meat thoroughly. While it is rare, pets that are fed raw diets can shed Salmonella in their feces, and I did not want to take the chance of getting sick again. Cleo and Marcus are doing very well on their canned food, and I am less worried.

JenFid

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Absolutely. I was on the fence about it initially, but when I cost compared high quality dry + wet vs all raw and found they were about the same price, it was a no brainer to at least give the raw a try. They were young kittens when we transitioned them and had almost zero issues. No more room clearing litter box trips or poop tail/paws.

For 25lbs of whole ground raw chicken with supplements I pay about $58. I buy a few lbs of other protein like rabbit, deer, quail, beef, to change it up a bit. All in all, for a month to feed the two kittens (8 months now) I'd say it costs me around $70 :) I really luck out by having a local supplier!

Sphynx Asylum Dad

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We feed all three of ours raw with "Better in the raw" supplement added. We buy boneless chicken thighs and breasts that we grind ourselves, mix in the "Bitr" and the babies go nuts!!! Took us 6 months or more to find the right diet to stop runny stools, horrible stench and non-stop poo foot! Raw has done it. It's a little more work, but we know exactly what our babies are eating and that settles our minds as well as their tummys!!

@KansasSphynxMom

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I half do raw lol well I buy Stella and chewy dehydrated raw and rehydrate it. Princess picky turned her nose up at actually raw. So she gets kibble and her Stella :) if she would actually eat raw I'd probably would add more

Back