Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Do they get used to clothes

Staceyxxx

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi guys. So Binky has to wear a coat due to a wound that she won’t leave alone caused by allergies, so after months of medication I have been told she has to wear this, as I always give in, as she is walking like she’s drunk and falling on to her side, The vet said animals are so adaptable and she will get used to it, but am just so soft with this kitty as she my baby!

Attachments

• 62F6627F-7484-4A95-886C-465F3D3C2B7E.jpeg
    62F6627F-7484-4A95-886C-465F3D3C2B7E.jpeg
    144 KB · Views: 135

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Awww as much as she hates it, she looks so darling in it! I do believe that she will get used to it eventually, you just have to stick to it and she'll realize she has to keep it on! {}

Yoda mom

Staff member
Awhhh Binky

You can try what I did when I harness trained and they would flop over .

Use some smelly treats , or toy .. something she is highly motivated by.
Hold in front of her , give praise even a word or phrase Like let’s go
..as soon as she moves an inch give treat and praise ..

Worked like magic with my bengals years ago

Hugs n head smooches!
Keep us updated !

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Sending healing vibes. Two of my crew had to wear a jumper for a while after neutering. They hated it and in the beginning they couldn't walk, falling sidewards and walking backwards. But after a say or 2 they were used to it.

She looks super cute in her pink dress!

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi guys. So Binky has to wear a coat due to a wound that she won’t leave alone caused by allergies, so after months of medication I have been told she has to wear this, as I always give in, as she is walking like she’s drunk and falling on to her side, The vet said animals are so adaptable and she will get used to it, but am just so soft with this kitty as she my baby!

Hiya love !
Tell Binky that Mr Bagins says she looks just like a fashion icon in her little coat ! He went as far as to say to me and his sisters that Binky could very well be a super model !!! And Cleo and Nailah just adore the colour and want to know where she shops !

Cleo always wore clothes and she didn’t mind I put her in pretty dresses and casual tops . She didn’t mind at all
Then the Bagster arrived he scragged her around until he had pulled off her what ever she was wearing !
I tried to put top on him ! No way no how was he having it ! Not now not ever !
So I have a black bin bag full of a few used but loads of unused brand new with tags tops dresses etc
I do think she will get used to it try taking her mind off it by playing with her when you first put it on her see if that helps
Xxx❤️❤️❤️❤️Xxx

Staceyxxx

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hiya love !
Tell Binky that Mr Bagins says she looks just like a fashion icon in her little coat ! He went as far as to say to me and his sisters that Binky could very well be a super model !!! And Cleo and Nailah just adore the colour and want to know where she shops !

Cleo always wore clothes and she didn’t mind I put her in pretty dresses and casual tops . She didn’t mind at all
Then the Bagster arrived he scragged her around until he had pulled off her what ever she was wearing !
I tried to put top on him ! No way no how was he having it ! Not now not ever !
So I have a black bin bag full of a few used but loads of unused brand new with tags tops dresses etc
I do think she will get used to it try taking her mind off it by playing with her when you first put it on her see if that helps
Xxx❤❤❤❤Xxx
You always make me giggle, you have your hands full with ur 3 :love:

QueenMinerva

Lairian
This morning we woke to a chilly house as the temp dropped through the night. We just got Minerva on Sunday and havent been able to go wardrobe shopping yet so I seen a pin a while back about using a sock to make a kitten sweater and after about 5 mins and 3 fittings I was quite pleased with my results! My husband laughed, said she looked like a bag lady but guess who wasnt shivering while eating her breakfast? Shove it, dear lmao, thats a win. But yes, about an hour after I put it on her she wasnt walking like she’d been tranked anymore so my winning smile just got bigger ;)

Staceyxxx

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Bless thanks @yodamom she’s getting there, would you believe she got out of the anxiety jacket honestly she’s so slim so I have got her in a dress from Sphynx clothing and she can’t get out it woopeee.... she’s so pretty but she hates it! Her wound isn’t red raw anymore! Here’s a pic of her giving me the evil eye xxx

Attachments

• 16209AD0-1C7E-4CDD-82D9-719A0AA56D78.jpeg
    16209AD0-1C7E-4CDD-82D9-719A0AA56D78.jpeg
    127 KB · Views: 103

Staceyxxx

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Haha, honestly she’s not happy with me but it’s for a good cause and in the mean time I can dress her soo girly, iv just ordered to 2 more beautiful pink dresses, my hubby said am round the twist but this is the only time I will get away with it! Xxx

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Staceyxxx Awhhh Binky you are soooo beautiful In your dress! Even with the look you are giving your mum! Sooo stinkin cute ...Glad the wound is not soo red ...speed recovery vibes continue
Ohhhh look forward to Binky pics in her new pink dresses on the way! Lol did you tell Binky?
Her look is sooooo expressive!
Hugs n head smooches

Staceyxxx

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Staceyxxx Awhhh Binky you are soooo beautiful In your dress! Even with the look you are giving your mum! Sooo stinkin cute ...Glad the wound is not soo red ...speed recovery vibes continue
Ohhhh look forward to Binky pics in her new pink dresses on the way! Lol did you tell Binky?
Her look is sooooo expressive!
Hugs n head smooches
Haha lmao :0 bless thanks so much, oh it’s a surprise well a bad one for her! She’s soooo funny maybe she’s a Tom boy!

Staceyxxx

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well in the new top she had more movement which was good but she managed to get at her wound so wasn’t to good so back to the purple one n she has a pink one the same so ii change her at the weekend for sat pics haha...! {=

Back