Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Do you allow ppl to take photos of your sphynx?

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I was wondering how you all feel about people that "you don't know" just taking photos of your sphynx kitties without them asking for permission? I'm referring to either strangers on the street, in the vet's office, etc. Also any delivery person or repairman...anyone that comes into your home that is not a friend of relative.

I have never liked people taking photos of my children (up until they were in their mid-teens let's say without asking me if they can).

I have never liked people taking a photo of my pets without asking me for permission (and most especially my sphynx boys for some reason).

I also don't like when people take photos of my house (mostly interior) without asking permission first.

I just think it's really rude...especially when I'm standing right there. Ask me first!

So how do you all feel about this? I'd say that I was just curious, but I know what curiosity did to the cat! :Wink:

PrimateLove

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I've never had a stranger ask me to take a picture of Emma or any of my cats before. Only my friends I invite to my house...

I too would feel a bit uncomfortable if a complete stranger just came up and started snapping pictures without asking first!

assibassi

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
You know not even my Friends take Pictures of my House . I had people ask or they can take Pictures of my Cats , but not many and only to show their Kids who were not with them. I allowed it.
BUT - now twice driving down the Road with my New Car i noticed one time a real Young Girl behind me in a car taking pictures of my Car and licenseplate and a couple weeks again another Lady taking a pic , or trying to i kind of swerved into the other Lane, mind you she did too and i was like NO WAY !! I did again lane change quickly trying to get out of her way !! SO she couldnt make a pic. she did again and then i seen the Flash ! I went in the other lane again and was next to her and put my Window down and i was going to ask her, Why she is taking pictures of someones car and she shouldnt do that without asking, because you never know who you get !!! But she totally looked straight and ignored me waving and such .... ( it was a red light ) like she knew i was going to scold her for that ...

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I've never had a stranger ask me to take a picture of Emma or any of my cats before. Only my friends I invite to my house...

I too would feel a bit uncomfortable if a complete stranger just came up and started snapping pictures without asking first!

That's the whole point! They don't ASK me, they just go to take a photo when I'm standing right there!

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
You know not even my Friends take Pictures of my House . I had people ask or they can take Pictures of my Cats , but not many and only to show their Kids who were not with them. I allowed it.
BUT - now twice driving down the Road with my New Car i noticed one time a real Young Girl behind me in a car taking pictures of my Car and licenseplate and a couple weeks again another Lady taking a pic , or trying to i kind of swerved into the other Lane, mind you she did too and i was like NO WAY !! I did again lane change quickly trying to get out of her way !! SO she couldnt make a pic. she did again and then i seen the Flash ! I went in the other lane again and was next to her and put my Window down and i was going to ask her, Why she is taking pictures of someones car and she shouldnt do that without asking, because you never know who you get !!! But she totally looked straight and ignored me waving and such .... ( it was a red light ) like she knew i was going to scold her for that ...

WOW, what's up with that? Either you have an adorable license plate or a really hot looking car ... OR ... you do bad things on the road! Which one is it? HAHA! But seriously now, really, what's up with that? Very disturbing.

assibassi

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I do have a cute Licenseplate, that i do want to change according to my Car . I just bought the New Beetle and it looks really cute and sporty in the right color. I want to get a Plate now that says like "bugnyou" or "bugnme" or "slugbug" ( i am sure slugbug is taken but i could do like slgbug1 or any number after ) .
No i pretty much dont Race no more, that was in my Younger Years, I do the speedlimit or a bit higher only. Nothing like those Young kids now do ! They go 90 in a 70 !! and push you out the way ! I used to do legal Carraces in my early 30's.

SphynxKid

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I started to type that I allow it but only if they ask, but then I took that back. Fluffy is a therapy cat and many folks at the library, especially parents, take pictures of the kids without asking first. That being said, I put her out there and have been raised in Gen Y, where I sort of expect that. I bring my animal there as a service animal, so I know she is going to get attention. I somewhat expect that mom, dad or child is going to go home to grandma or to school an say "I read to a cat with no hair" and a picture to be shown.

If someone at a store wants a pic or my neighbor, or a repair guy, I would expect the common courtesy of being asked.

Jen

Alimoore

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hmmmm I dont think I mind people taking pictures without asking. It would be nice if they did ask first, but I've never been offended or upset by it. I can think of several situations when its happened and it never bothered me. I've had people take pictures of Akali from a distance in the vets and it doesnt bother me because I know that they think she is cool/weird. And I know all the vets have taken pics of her without asking. I also see it as them showing others and it gets the word out about them.

Ginger

Lairian
People are very welcome to take pictures of my animals without asking - I don't mind, as long as they don't tease them or touch them with out permission.
I take my dogs with me to all kinds of places and people take alot of pictures of them - especially Silas. Some people do ask before taking a picture and they always gets a yes. I would show my pets to the whole world if I could :)

But people should not take pictures of me, my house or anything private with out asking.

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
the only stranger thats ever taken a pic of my sphynx was @ the vet's office the 1st time i brought him there 2 years ago. it was the vet's receptionist. i think everyone that was working that day came into the exam room to see him. it didn't bother me, but i think if i was walking down the street or say in petco, & someone just snapped a pic without asking, i'd be upset. you never know if a person follows you to see where you live or gets your license plate # then tries to break in to steal your precious baby. the way the world is today, i wouldn't put anything past anyone, unfortunately:ThumbsDown:

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Many people take pictures of Cleo, but most ask first. Like Jen says, we do put her out in public, so this kind of thing is going to happen. But I do not allow random pics of our home, address or other identifying things. But, if we are driving on the street, we are in public, so we lose control over who photographs what. I have a cute car too, and I will bet that for every person I have seen photographing it, there have been many more who did it when I couldn't see it. It's part of the price we pay for having dinstinctive pets and cars.

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
People are very welcome to take pictures of my animals without asking - I don't mind, as long as they don't tease them or touch them with out permission.
I take my dogs with me to all kinds of places and people take alot of pictures of them - especially Silas. Some people do ask before taking a picture and they always gets a yes. I would show my pets to the whole world if I could :)

But people should not take pictures of me, my house or anything private with out asking.

What kind of dogs do you have?

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I have no problem with people taking pictures. I love to see people enjoy our babies. Only thing I found really odd was 2 weeks ago a woman at Pets Plus Supply store came up and started taking pictures and then bent down and kissed Babas while holding his head in her hands. Thank goodness he was tolerant, but I thought it was odd she trusted him so fast.

susi794

Staff member
When I am out in public, I wouldn't be upset if someone takes our pic.....it is in the public. But that having been said, if they are close enough to me to ask, I would expect they would do so. In private, then I would expect a permission request--just seems like common courtesy if you ask me.

Gizasmom

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I'm pretty open to it ... It is a learning Curve for almost all who Giza meets. So many people have seen Austin Powers and seen Mr. Bigglesworth, but never seen one in person. Maybe it is because I love to take pictures and I am also a curious person, I don't mind it to much. But all of those people seem to tell me right after snapping it they just love her.-- I'm ok with people thinking I have great taste in my pet choice!! Lol

Embracing-Joyx4

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have mixed feeling. I understand the facinstion because he is mine I sre him everyday.but sstill in aee of him. I live in nre york ejrre most prts have fir do I get it. Bit because wr livr in.duch a umsage eotld I would probsbly like to get asked first its just courtesy.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I have mixed feeling. I understand the facinstion because he is mine I sre him everyday.but sstill in aee of him. I live in nre york ejrre most prts have fir do I get it. Bit because wr livr in.duch a umsage eotld I would probsbly like to get asked first its just courtesy.

Darn that auto correct...lol. But I still think I understand your post...lol...can't stop giggling.

Graddydani

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
People always ask me and I always say yes but if they did it without asking my face isn't one that hides feelings they'd get a telling off immediately. I would find that really rude and probably take my phone out and take a pic of them directly in their faces :LOL: I couldn't imagine taking pics of something I found interesting without asking or knowing I was allowed or not.

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I have no problem with people taking pictures. I love to see people enjoy our babies. Only thing I found really odd was 2 weeks ago a woman at Pets Plus Supply store came up and started taking pictures and then bent down and kissed Babas while holding his head in her hands. Thank goodness he was tolerant, but I thought it was odd she trusted him so fast.

Hmm, that whole incident was odd! Did that woman look at you or speak to you? Sounds like she knew him! LOL

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
People always ask me and I always say yes but if they did it without asking my face isn't one that hides feelings they'd get a telling off immediately. I would find that really rude and probably take my phone out and take a pic of them directly in their faces :LOL: I couldn't imagine taking pics of something I found interesting without asking or knowing I was allowed or not.

LOVE, love, love what you said above. You crack me up. Are you sure you aren't from New York? Haha!:Wink2:

jezebel

Lairian
just joined the forum i dont mind people taking pitures of jezebel but its polite to be asked. but what an amazing breed il try and gets some pics up she so loving nd funny nd thinks nothing of riding round on milo the great danes back. so i guess they do get attention.

Back