Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Do you brush your sphynx teeth?

Do you brush your sphynx teeth?

• Yes, I brush them myself.

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • No, I have the vet do it.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • No, I have never cleaned his/ her teeth.

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Other, please tell.

Votes: 7 18.4%

• Total voters

assibassi

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
no, but I give them chicken/ turkey necks raw and they chew on it and its good for their teeth . Our little boy actually has the whitest teeth.

Emily0404

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I don't - maybe I should work that into their beauty routine? They seem to have good teeth. My furry cats have never had teeth brushed (they are old) and no problems with teeth. I didn't even consider doing it? Bad mumma :(

TorchicPyro

Lairian
I brush at night before sleeping. Just a quick 10 to 15 second session per kitty. Nothing much to it, to keep them pearly white inside and out. :)

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Elfie was an adult when we got her and she teeth seemed alright, but lately i'm noticing sings that one of her back teeth might be bothering her and I want to get her in to the vet to have it looked at.
I hope she doesn't need it pulled!

Trisha

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I'm going to start with Dexter. He's 7 months and at his check up over the weekend, the vet said he had a bit of gingivitis due to his adult teeth coming in and causing inflammation. He doesn't have any tartar or plaque but the vet said if Dexter would let me, it's definitely a good idea to brush his teeth,

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I don't - maybe I should work that into their beauty routine? They seem to have good teeth. My furry cats have never had teeth brushed (they are old) and no problems with teeth. I didn't even consider doing it? Bad mumma :(

I don't either.... Mo's teeth have always been a bit yellow (he was quite poorly as a kitten, vet thinks that's why). I did used to try and do it but he really didn't tolerate it well. The vet checks them regularly and other than being a bit yellow, they aren't causing him any problems.

Sphynx Asylum Dad

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We don't have to... @KansasSphynxMom discovered Sobe will do it herself...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424233966.481242.jpg

Sphynx Asylum Mom

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
If I don't give Sobe her toothbrush every morning when we get up and every night before bed she will go and try to take Ray's out of the holder in the bathroom and chew on it. She will chew on her toothbrush for a minute or so and then she is done. Really comical actually. The other two really do not show any interest in it.
I do watch and make sure she is not biting off any bristles or plastic but so far so good, just her being proactive about her dental hygiene I guess. She is also the only one of the three that will completely clean her own toes. I rarely have to "scrub" (usually with a baby wipe after bath for the rest) her toes and toenails. She is the cleanest Sphynxie in the house!

Tiffany_Kay

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I've tried and my to do not tolerate me doing it. Looking at possible teeth cleaning in the near future.

Sheldon13

Staff member
I know this is old- but yes! Every night! We have very bad teeth genetics here and need to minimize dental visits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoda mom

Staff member
Thought I would revive an older thread :)

Does anyone use -quality gauze and pet toothpaste to wipe on teeth/gums?
Finger brushes ?
Any new products or brushing methods you recommend ?

carakitty

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I use the TropiClean tooth gel on Uber every other week (I guess) with a Q-Tip.

I want to get him on gnawing poultry parts.

When I can find the finger brush I am hoping he will be better with that than he is with the Q-Tip.

Cinafina

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I just brushed Butchie's teeth for the first time this weekend! Went quite well with daddy holding him (definitely a 2 man/woman job!) The toothpaste is fish flavoured and he certainly didn't seem to mind it :happy: It's called Virbac CET Enzymatic Toothpaste for Dogs & Cats.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@SuperSphynxMom , what toothpaste and treats ? Do u use an infant tooth brush ? Kitty toothbrush ?
I just got some T/D dental food from the vet to use as treats.
Experimenting with toothbrush types

D

Deleted member 14512

I use a kitty tooth brush and "Kissable" kitty tooth paste. It's coconut flavor so Ollie really does not like having his teeth brushed.
Also, I use "Blue: Kitty Cravings: Tuna Flavor" treats. Funny story, once I tried giving Ollie chicken flavor treats, and he hated them. I gave him a tuna treat, he wolfed it down. He won't eat anything that's not tuna flavor! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Back