Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Do you dress your sphynx in clothes?

Do you dress your sphynx in clothes?

• Yes

Votes: 147 81.7%
  • No (please explain why)

Votes: 30 16.7%
  • I think it's rediculous! (be nice guys!)

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My sphynx doesn't seem to mind wearing clothing; she is quite good-natured about it when I dress her. However, she walks funny when she wears heavier clothing like sweaters. I think if she had a choice, though, she'd rather go "au naturale".

Rhubarb

Lairian
We have tried putting Buffy the Vampire Slayer in sweaters and such because we thought she would like the help keeping warm but.....she doesn't like it and squirms until she gets out so we gave up. I still think she might like it if she gave it a chance. My Gramma even knitted her a sweater that fits her really well. She prefers to sit in front of the heating vent :tinysmile_twink_t:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I wish some one would design clothing just for sphynx! elgatoloco and butterball seem to have the best idea, a sock works well! :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have on occasion put on clothes for my sphynx buddy. They don't really seem to bother him but getting them on is a whole different story. ButterBall has grown leaps and bounds since I got him in December. I nice tube sock fit little Ball like a glove. Sometimes I would even iron on decals to add to the funniness of animals in clothes. Recently though, he's gotten too big for socks. Maybe I should try a big man's sock. That might work. Anyway, I sorta gave up on clothing the little clown. Plus, it's been rather warm here so the clothing is not really necessary. butterBall doesn't sleep under the covers anymore so if he doesn't do that, then he sure as heck doesn't need clothes. SPRING IS HERE!!!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Good idea angelsphynx,when you do maybe we can put them on the sphynxlair site for sale also!:tinysmile_twink_t:

AngelSphynx

Lairian
My Sphynx's don't mind wearing clothes at all, but they all got used to it at an early age. Though my girls can be picky like girls are..hehe.. like someone else was saying, if the clothes are too heavy.. I bought this cute summery dress that was frilly at the end, lined with pony beads. The stitching inside near the end of the dress either bothers their skin or it is too heavy. Doesn't seem heavy to me, but they are a lot smaller than I am! They hate it and walk around funny. (Of course I don't have them where it now.) And I have a couple thick cotton shirts that they aren't too keen on. But they don't quite fit right anyhow. I've never had a problem with sweaters and most things they don't mind wearing. My male Ariston will wear anything. Whenever I buy clothes I always feel the material and make sure there is nothing that I think will bother their skin, and I cut inside tags a lot.

AngelSphynx

Lairian
Good idea angelsphynx,when you do maybe we can put them on the sphynxlair site for sale also!:tinysmile_twink_t:

Yeah! That would be great! Thank you. I seriously have been looking into this for quite some time and trying to make it happen.

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Haha, nice pics. I guess I'm going to have to use some html to add some nice pics.
l_dd2ef7909a054b0cabf9a83787505d97.jpg

ButterBall's greenish grey t-shirt

l_fed6022e9f5e4b0b970d18fca9e5b185.jpg

My personal favorite. butterBall's batcat shirt.

l_8d9decf60b8d4606bda3dd8eeff03eeb.jpg

Does an eye patch count as clothes?

l_6f8f080f73504d94823ef01017722f31.jpg

ButterBall supports the University of Texas

AngelSphynx

Lairian
Im thinking of trying this product out,it's made for the sphynx.
1233872702670-2044988382.JPG
1233283587839-994531523.JPG

Wow I can't believe you found clothes made for Sphynx's. I am very surprised! I am always searching. The first one looks pretty cool, but I don't like the design on the second one. I can see the neck part being quite bothersome! I know my Sphynx's would not like that. But besides, the shirt is white and that is a dangerous color for Sphynx's! :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

AngelSphynx

Lairian
I went to the website and I will have to say that I love the Sphynx towel! So all of their outfits just have one hole in the front? Interesting...

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I went to the website and I will have to say that I love the Sphynx towel! So all of their outfits just have one hole in the front? Interesting...

Those are reasonably priced. Most pet clothes I've seen are more expensive than human clothes.

Rhubarb

Lairian
Apparently not...is there any way to upload pictures without having them on-line?

I am really making a mess of the forum here....what I meant was...is there any way to upload the pictures if they aren't stored in an on-line database?:tinysmile_angry_t:

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yeah, you'll have to upload them to a web site. I have a web site called www.zoneloco.com but I find it easier just to upload it to myspace or a photo site. Plus if I decide to let my site expire, you'll still be able to see them because they're on myspace. hahehae I hope myspace doesn't get wise and put a moratorium on picture hosting.

Copy and paste the URL and you're done. Admin's done a good job. I've been on forums before where you have to code everything in html. It's easy just many chances to make a typo. And if anyone knows anything about programming, a period or a slash one space off throws the whole thing off. You can spend hours and hours trying to find the mistake. You make hundreds of changes and nothing works until you take a break. Then you go outside for a smoke even though you don't smoke. Then it comes to you. You used a space when you weren't supposed to. Then you get to go back and change everything back and eliminate the space. And wa la, it works. That one little typo caused you hours of heartache. Oh lord, I'm getting excited. Programming!! AHHHH! Bad memories. Html is pretty forgiving compared to programming languages like Java and C++.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
help with pictures, see if this helps

How do I attach a file to a post?

To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.

On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.

To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file. To upload a file from another URL, enter the full URL for the file in the second box on this page. Once you have completed one of the boxes, click 'Upload'.

Once the upload is completed the file name will appear below the input boxes in this window. You can then close the window to return to the new post screen.

What files types can I use? How large can attachments be?

In the attachment window you will find a list of the allowed file types and their maximum sizes. Files that are larger than these sizes will be rejected. There may also be an overall quota limit to the number of attachments you can post to the board.

How do I add an image to a post?

If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.

To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing
after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image.Or you can upload your pics to a free site like photo bucket and copy paste the url from there to add it to your post.If you need further help let me know. You can insert pictures from your albums (?) in this way too.If you would like, email them to me and ill put them on for you. [email protected]

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Meecho HATES wearing her clothes, but she stopped fighting me a while ago. She does walk funny by squatting her but to the ground, which is funny since that's the one part that isn't clothed. Because the weather here is so finiky lately I put her dress on before I leave for work and when I get home she can take it off. Even though she is home with grandmom all day I'm not there to make sure she stays warm myself so I worry. She has a couple of sweaters, but they make me nervous as she sometimes licks them and I don't want all that yarn to gather in her stomach or intestines. If she had to pick a favorite it would be her two jersey dresses as they are lighter in weight but still keep her warm.

U

Unregistered

I don't dress my sphynxes, they are so beautifull like they are ! I prefer to see them all naked !
;-))

And really, they don't need to be dressed to stay in good health, except if it is really cold in the house and if they don't have a thick blanket.

Jenny46060

Lairian
Kaci gets mad if I take her clothes off, especially her necklaces!! She'll grab at them and sits all proud with her neck streched out until I put them back on! :tinysmile_twink_t: She may be a diva!

Not sure where she got it from...... :tinysmile_classes_t

Back