Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Do you ever think your cats voice is so loud?

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Well according to this research cats imitate your voice.

I never hear Toaand Jade talk. So I have no voice. But I do hear Ross yell very loudly and sharp. So appearantly when I have a voice it's sharp and loud lol.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Well according to this research cats imitate your voice.

I never hear Toaand Jade talk. So I have no voice. But I do hear Ross yell very loudly and sharp. So appearantly when I have a voice it's sharp and loud lol.

We used to mostly hear Azura when she was younger, now all 4 of ours are pretty vocal. Breakfast is a chorus in the kitchen lol.
Azura coos and yells...she was more vocal when younger...now she is hissier lol. Myshka is a loud mouth...especially in the morning when he wants me to wake up. He talks and the big word is Mommer or a Mahhhh that he yells between nipping my back. I know it is not Mom as in me, but it is very distinctive. . Ochi is a very high pitched cry...at the vet the tech said she thought it was a baby making the sound. She couldn't believe it came from him until she saw him scrunch up his face and cry. Jouet well she has a very loud deliberate yell, especially as I am filling the food bowls....it is like she is wailing at me...mouth wide open, and teeth baring lol.

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Mine both sound completely different.
Elfie is VERY load and deliberate. I swear when she gets going in the morning she is saying NEOW .. like feed me right NEOW!!
Toothless is more squeaky, she sort of meeps almost.

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Met a friend who has two oriental cats. They don't meow, it was more nasal and complaining sound, like a sheep. I loved the cool cats, but I would think twice before getting an oriental cat who would talk my ears off!

souplouie

Lairian
My Noodle has the loudest kitten mew I have ever heard! It us very demanding. He's only been with us a day though. Soup has a very mild-mannered chirp so maybe he'll start shifting that way once he starts imitating us.

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Pixie is... TERRIBLE.
Seriously, I've never met such a vocal cat. And if you are having a conversation with *anyone* and Pixie is nearby... she HAS to involve herself. Loudly. Persistently. There is NO getting away from the fact that Pixie needs to join the conversation.
She yells. All. The. Time.
Jezzy "murrs" a lot, but yells at me if there is no food. Otherwise she's pretty quiet.
Livvy... is very, very quiet. Unless she wants to go outside, then she pipes up a little bit. A LITTLE bit.

All different. :)

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Well now I know a lot about all the different meows of your sphynxes.

BUT and here comes a big BUT! You didn't tell me if your sphynx (or which of your sphynxes) imitates your voice!
Maybe I should ask your hubby's, wives, partners, kids or friends:)

Back