Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Do you feed your Sphynx food off of your plate?

• No...never

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • Yes...sometimes

Votes: 24 31.2%
  • Are you kidding me, I couldn’t stop them if I tried

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Only when they steal it

Votes: 14 18.2%

• Total voters

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member

Reminder: You can only vote in the regular website www.sphynxlair.com You cannot vote in Tapatalk.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Marcus gets some raw chicken when Bob is cutting one up, and he shares cheese with Bob, but never from a plate. Cleo has a severe dairy allergy and doesn’t like anything that is not properly served to her from her favorite cans. She is the only cat we have ever had who doesn’t like any people food.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
My crew don't care about human food. They never tried to get any of my plate.
My boy Ross does get fruit from me though. He loves it. And he loves to lick water ice creams!

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Max couldn't care less, but Min. OMG, you'd swear we starved her to death and our food was her salvation. This makes dinner parties with guests very challenging. She's a potato chip thief too -- Hubby will be in process of lifting chips to his mouth and out of nowhere comes Min, streaking across, knocking over his bowl and snatching chips right from his mouth with hers. Then she growls when you try to take it away. ha ha

Ely2400

Lairian
Bruce steals from our plates salad and broccoli!He loves it!!And if he behaves well, when I eat a vanilla ice cream,I take some and let him lick it from my finger.:D

pocovonloco

Lairian
Is it actually okay to feed them regular human food?
Actually I’m kind of skeptical about this because regular human food contains salt and sugar and some kind of unhealthy spices (like non-natural flavoured spices).
Please let me know :)

Regards,
Louise.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@pocovonloco – My own believe is absolutely no human food unless you are feeding raw, and then straight up proteins mixed with other essential nutrients. That said, a little bit of lactose-free Dairy products shouldn't hurt, or even a little bit of certain vegetables. Although they do not need dairy products or vegetables at all in their diet. Tiny bits of sashimi Might be okay or other raw meats (without any other additives).

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I swear I should weigh in at 2st wet through ah ha
I haven’t eaten a meal to myself since I got princess Cleo ! Now she sits nice until I pass her bits from my plate
Now the reprobate Mr Bagins he attacks me so I do tend to say No in a firm voice and make him wait until he is a better boy
( can’t say good as he is never good lol )
But whereas Cleo is a little fussy with hooman food
Mr Bagins would eat the plate as well as the food , he hasn’t turned his nose up at anything as of yet ie fruit veg meats he loves ice lollies , and sorbe even ice cream he isn’t too keen on pineapple though but loves melon and mango
He is just a little kitty dustbin lol
Xxx❤️❤️❤️

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My crew don't care about human food. They never tried to get any of my plate.
My boy Ross does get fruit from me though. He loves it. And he loves to lick water ice creams!
Wow how well brought up are your little ones !! They could do with teaching Mr Bagins a thing or two .. he also loves his ice lollies and ice cream , but Cleo doesn’t like them
I do put ice into their water fountain , as it’s been so hot here the past 6-8 weeks
Xxx❤️❤️❤️

Back