Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Dobby should not play with bees...

Lisa Dobby

Lairian
Well Dobby was busy today! He knocked the ritz crackers off the counter and feed the dogs. Nobody was hungry tonight! The most enoromous I mean HUGE bee got in the house. This thing was so big it could barely hover never mind fly. And guess who was playing with it. Yes thats right Dobby! His paw got stung. It is hugely swollen. Poor guy. And he does not like ice on it at all. So tomorrow we are off to the Vets yet again. He must like the Vet. I cannot believe how swollen his paw is. Yet he is still running and jumping and not complaining at all... :ThumbsDown:

Lisa Dobby

Lairian
I gave him some medicam that was left over from his eye surgery and the swelling went away... So he appears fine this evening.
I am so glad these guys have 9 lives but I wish he wouldn't try and use them all in his first 6 months!

AmazonGoddess

Lairian
Awwww, poor little guy! So glad he's okay. I've hair-sprayed more bees and wasps into submission in order to stop kitties from thinking "TOY!". (Yes, hairspray - spray it on them and they freeze in mid-flight and voila! easy to smoosh and flush ;) ).

Treespirit

Lairian
I have heard that in an emergency you could use dye-free liquid children's benedryl. However, I read that on a dog forum. Does anyone know if this can be used on our cats in emergency situations?

I am always SO scared if my dog or cat are around bees. I always fear them trying to eat the darn thing and it stinging them in the mouth or throat.

So so glad that Dobby only got a swollen foot and that the swelling went down with the medicine.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
You're right. Dobby, no more playing with bees. You are going to worry your momma to death.

Hope is feeling better, but not enough to try it again someday. Tanker used to eat maimed house flies and relished the anguish on my face every time he did it.

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My other cat got stung by a bee last summer when she was out playing on the patio, her little paw went HUGE and really hot!!! It was really scarey and she was only 5months old. But by morning it had gone back to normal. Glad to hear Dobbys is ok now too!

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ohhh Poor Baby!! I know it hurt me getting stung! Poor baby!!Hope he feels better soon!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I have heard that in an emergency you could use dye-free liquid children's benedryl. However, I read that on a dog forum. Does anyone know if this can be used on our cats in emergency situations?

I am always SO scared if my dog or cat are around bees. I always fear them trying to eat the darn thing and it stinging them in the mouth or throat.

So so glad that Dobby only got a swollen foot and that the swelling went down with the medicine.

Yes you can give it to a cat in a pinch just watch the dose because a cat is so much smaller.:Wink:

Back