Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Does Anybody Elses Cat Give Them Farts ???

BluesMummy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi, bit of a stinky strange question but here goes... just lately everytime Blue walks past me or gets off me after a cuddle he leaves me a fart !!! He looks at me as if to say HA as hes walking away, he doesnt do it to anybody else just me !!! Does anybody else have this happen to them or is my Blue just showing affection in a strange way....

BluesMummy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Haha patti i do remember reading the thread now!!! Dutch Oven what a funny way of putting it lol, Blue hasnt trumpt in bed yet, just everytime he walks past or away from me....& he does it even more when we have friends around, the way he looks at me its as if hes passing the blame onto me !!! I take it as a sign of love then, smelly little bugger haha xxx

Ollie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thank goodness Oliver no longer farts now that he eats a raw diet. They were eye watering, gagging ones before....he did it as soon as he relaxed on your lap and you had no chance of escape....

SphynxKid

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
We used to have a rule "Don't squeeze the cat!" But they are better now that we are on a good food combo. Once in awhile though Moses will let a little one through, and because he is bald, you can hear them. He let a little one go today and then looked around like, "Who was that? Me? Not me!"

Jen

heather76

Lairian
Well this is a bloody sick subject for me as both of my (female- little bitches) lol do them in my face, it's a big game for them both lol.....

They do them on my partners face some mornings PMSL!!!

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Cleo was so bad when she was a baby, that Bob actually called our wonderful visiting vet about it. She laughed and said that most vets say this is by far one of the most common complaints they get about kittens! And that the worst offenders seem to be the prettiest little girl kittens! Like others have said, diet plays a part in this, but it also may have something to do with a kitten's immature digestive system. All I know is that Cleo mostly "graced" Bob with her stinkiest ones, but since she became an adult, we do not have any problems anymore.

Also be careful about dairy foods, especially cheese. Most cats have a harder time digesting these, hence more stinkbombs!

Back