Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Does anyone else have a cat that wont jump?

Elisabet

Lairian
I have to know...
Is it just my cat that are a little hm... slow or does any of your cats refuse to jump?
Decibel will gladly jump vertically, but when it comes to comming down from something or comming up on the kitchen counter, she cant/wont do it.
It is not a problem since it gives the 2 older cats a chance to get away from her.
But still...
Is it just Decibel that are a bit special or???

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have to know...
Is it just my cat that are a little hm... slow or does any of your cats refuse to jump?
Decibel will gladly jump vertically, but when it comes to comming down from something or comming up on the kitchen counter, she cant/wont do it.
It is not a problem since it gives the 2 older cats a chance to get away from her.
But still...
Is it just Decibel that are a bit special or???

Elisabet, my female Siamese cat sometimes won't jump, but that's because she's old and has some arthritis. I don't think that's the reason for Decibel's problem, though, as she's still very young. I dunno, maybe she's still scared and inexperienced when it comes to the finer arts of jumping? :Question:

Maggies mommy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Maggie is a little monkey lol she even jumps person to person I live it & she likes to get a ride on my shoulders while I'm walking around the house hehe

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Hold is Decibel? Just like Sykat said sounds like she is a bit young, I am sure she will figure it out one of these days especially because you have 2 older cats that jump.

Elisabet

Lairian
Decibel is 11 month old. But maybe its just her personality. she will jump from bed to chair, from floor to my back, from sofa to shoulder. But not from floor to counter.
As I tried to say in a nice way...
I think she might be a little stupid, but thats a charm.

Brooke

Banned
Decibel is 11 month old. But maybe its just her personality. she will jump from bed to chair, from floor to my back, from sofa to shoulder. But not from floor to counter.
As I tried to say in a nice way...
I think she might be a little stupid, but thats a charm.

You're lucky...I often wish my cats wouldn't jump up on the counters! :Laugh:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My cats do not jump on counters anymore.
Cleo and Wrinkles never have tried to because the other cats no better.
Meeko once stole a Pot Roast.

susi794

Staff member
None of my cats ever got on the counters---but then I got Lulu and she is into everything, all over the counters, my sinks, my dressers, my computer desk--she knocks things off and breaks things.:Angry: Now almost all the rest of them have decided if Lulu can do it, so can they! Count your blessings, GF!:LOL:

Haji the Sphynx

Lairian
102_3776.JPG

Haji jumps EVERYWHERE!

Elisabet

Lairian
I am trying to get Decibel to jump from the bookshelf under the ceiling and down on the bed. Still no luck.
She is even more stubborn than me.
I still have to reach up so she can climb down my arm and down my back.
Just jump already!!! LOL

kelzerman

Lairian
You're lucky...I often wish my cats wouldn't jump up on the counters! :Laugh:

I second that!!

My cats do not jump on counters anymore.
Cleo and Wrinkles never have tried to because the other cats no better.
Meeko once stole a Pot Roast.

Haha thats great! Me and my fiance are in the process of getting the cats to not jump on the counter. Sybil will walk right on your plate and start eating if your not paying attention. Its amazing how quickly they can steal a piece of food....

Back