Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Does anyone elses Nakies do this?

RoobasMommy

Lairian
We learned right away that Roobas only accepts 'rough love'. He loves pats on the butt and the stomach...He HATES being petted, unless by me, and he HATES strangers touching him.

When a new person tries to pet him, he will start to crawl away and arch his back to the floor to avoid there hand. It cracks me up, because he never did this to me or my fiance (makes us feel very loved!). He won't allow anyone to pet him (except me), like you would a normal cat either. And he only allows those few people he's known for months, to pat him but he usually runs away.

I am wondering if anyone else has a Sphynx that doesn't like strangers to touch them? :LOL:

Another silly thing he does is what we call "love bites". He loves getting the rough love, and will flip on his back and roll around and coax you to pat his belly and then grabs your arm and bites you. He's purring while doing it, and it cracks me up. He is such a crazy naked cat!

Any other Sphynx love bites? :Hysterical:

He also HATES to picked up by anyone but my fiance and I. He howls and growls and tries to jump out of there arms and runs away if he does. My friends are jealous that he doesn't do it to me (but I am his Mommy:Wink:)

He is definitely a picky Sphynx. But, I have to say, it makes me love him that much more! :BigSmile: Hope everyone is having a fantastic start to the New Year!

LoveBites.jpg

RoobasMommy

Lairian
Nudie likes to be spanked and wrestled with. She can tell when mommy gets a little hurt though and she starts licking instead of biting:BigSmile: We had a thread no too long ago and it ended up that alot of sphynx on the lair love to be spanked:LOL:

I must have missed that thread! Can you send the link? :p

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Snuffie loves butt spanks. She will come to you and turn her butt towards you just so you spank it! lol SoBe on the other hand hates them. If you spank her she will jump down and run away crying like you scolded her. lol We are trying to get her to realize its affection but all in time I suppose.
Snuffie will only allow me to pet her. She will let Jimmy pet her but only on her terms. If someone reaches down to run their hand from her head to her butt she slumps down to the floor so they miss and she walks away. lol
At night when we watch TV Snuffie lays with me in my arms as if she were a toddler and sometimes will roll around and play with me if she's spunky. SoBe lays with Jimmy the same way and rubs her face over and over on his. He has a new job where he doesn't have to shave as often and him and her are in love.
When they start doing that I ask him if he's making love to his kitty. lol
SoBe cries if anyone else picks her up except me. I don't know if its the difference in our touch or what but its odd. She even does it if Jimmy picks her up but as soon as she is against his chest she is fine. Its weird but I love her and Snuffies quirkyness.

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Merlin likes to wrestle and play rough. We have a big ranch house and you can run in a circle and he plays tag with my hubby and me. And he likes to sniff new people but if you don't come over a lot he won't let you pet him.
Danser wants your things and to take apart your purse and mark your coat. And she won't sit with any one new.
Loki is the peterbald and he is the ultimate lap cat. If you sit down in another room he knows. And pretty much loves everyone.

Oh and I give spanks to all my nakeds. They seem to like rough petting.

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Nofuratu is very much like your kitty!
If someone other than us pick him up he yowl like crazy! Since i bring him to work a lot of people ask , am i not afraid of him being stolen and i say "he has an alarm!"....a few times someone has picked him up, and when I hear a yowl I come running!!!

Many people try to pet him, and he avoids it, I tell people it probably feels like he's being tickled if they are petting too lightly, they think he is delicate and touch too lightly.
When people pet him firmly, roughly he likes it.
He also likes to be patted on the butt

Adventures of A Naked Cat

RoobasMommy

Lairian
Since i bring him to work a lot of people ask , am i not afraid of him being stolen and i say "he has an alarm!"....a few times someone has picked him up, and when I hear a yowl I come running!!!

That is too funny! They sound very much alike! Roobas ALWAYS yowls. He is surely an alarm when someone else tries to pick him up :LOL:

And I have to say I am always horribly satisfied when I hear it, because he has never done it with me! :Wink:

Thanks everyone for your comments! Love the stories :BigSmile:

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
All my sphynx like their "spankin's" on the sides of their butts. Priscilla "love bites" along with our furr-ball Dex. Orion, Rupert & Dex do the reverse arch if someone they don't want touching them, which is most people. Priscilla just loves to be touched by anyone, she's an attention-w**re. :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Ella_B

Lairian
Berlin also kind of ducks under pats, especially from strangers. Most of the time I think she's just too busy playing for petting too. And she has very twitchy skin, if that makes sense.

Also, after reading this thread yesterday, I decided to see if Berlin likes butt slaps too. The answer is a firm NO. When I did it, she gave the moaning 'warning' meow a couple times (she sometimes does it if she's in her little cave bed and I dare intrude with my hands), and then she hissed and tried to bite my hand. Little thing was very standoffish after that - I think, like most girls, she's just sensitive about her butt! She does really love having her face stroked though.

bellasmom

Banned
Bella gives little bites!:Hysterical: They are so sweet though and never too rough. She also likes to be "patted" not spanked. Bella has never met a stranger and lets everyone rub on her.

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Dinka arches his back to the ground when you try a soft stroke. All my cats have enjoyed and preferred the spankie or hind quarter slap.

YouTube - spanking the cat

Hope this you tube video comes through. It is called "Spanking the Cat".
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Maua_Peterbald

Lairian
Frodo is not very fond of cuddling and petting, he also likes to play it on the rough side. His favourite game is to lay on the back, and the moment you want to pet him he catches the hand with the teeth and start kicking his legs, boy he sometimes bites really hard. I say firmly NO, but it doesn`t help much :Cry:
He also loves spanking.

Back