Does anyone know how much my Philco Fridge is worth?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Bella07, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Bella07

Bella07Banned

Sphynx Bucks:
    $286.00
    Ratings:
    +1,642
    Hope you don't mind me asking! But I am having trouble finding this out. Anyways, I am cleaning out my house, and have this Philco Fridge. I know that this brand is no longer being made, and since I know that this is a vintage/antique fridge.

I personally think it is really cool! I would love to keep it, but if it it "worth" selling, then I may just do that....(saving up to renovate my kitchen :Laugh:)

As far as I know, the fridge does work. Minor scratches and marks, which could be easily buffed out. Overall, the fridge is in great condition considering its age! It must be over 50 years old.

Does anyone have any experience with a Philco fridge? How much it may be worth?
    I wish I knew when it was made, but can't find the date on it anywhere.

Thanks!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nofuratu

NofuratuV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $1,384.30
    Ratings:
    +1,702
    I dont know anything about the philco brand specifically....but am familiar with kelvinators. I have a small one that i bought online for $50 in working condition, that i use as a cupboard to save energy but still have it in my kitchen.
    I know the generator in them is worth some money and people ususally pay $50 to strip them for that.
    In good working condition, depending on where you live you could get up to $200..if you live in a city where people are looking for that sort of thing.
    However, with all the energy saving appliances out now, a lot of people dont want old fridges.....
    You should try advertising it as a "cupboard" as well...just to get people thinking....i love mine.
    They sell new fridges now for $4500 in that same style, but with the energy saving plus......

• Like Like x 2
    • Fester

FesterSenior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
      $2,588.12
      Ratings:
      +511
      • Skull head
      after an extremely cursory search -- the three I found run just a bit more than it would cost to ship them... $200-400 and it would probably cost about 150 dollars to ship an old fridge like that due to weight.

I am not an expert, so take my opinion with a grain of salt a twist of lime and a shot of tequila wouldn't hurt either

• Like Like x 2
      • Bella07

Bella07Banned

Sphynx Bucks:
        $286.00
        Ratings:
        +1,642
        Thanks everyone! I decided to post on Craigslist, and see what type of offers I get for it. But, using it as a cupboard is a great idea actually! Maybe I'll paint it red and use it as a cool/funky accent in my (hopefully) new kitchen. So, I might just keep it now!

Thanks again :ThumbsUp: