Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Does anyone know

Teri*D

Lairian
I am new to cats, never had one until Chloe so I don't know why they do some of the things they do. Chloe for weeks has gone to the same spot a few times throughout the day and will sit and look at the wall, there are times she will sit there up to a hour but normally it's about 15 to 20 min's and then she will walk away, have a bite to eat and then go back to it. it's almost like something is in the wall but I can't see anything being able to live in the wall this long. Any clues why she does this?

Here she is
56ba8507.jpg

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
For one thing, she is really cute. Maybe she hears something in the wall. Could be ants or wasps. Does she play with toys? Mine still like the old wadded up paper ball. I also have a window perch. All 3 love to watch birds and squirrels from their little cat perch. Maybe she will tire of it and find another hobby.:BigSmile::Smile:

Teri*D

Lairian
For one thing, she is really cute. Maybe she hears something in the wall. Could be ants or wasps. Does she play with toys? Mine still like the old wadded up paper ball. I also have a window perch. All 3 love to watch birds and squirrels from their little cat perch. Maybe she will tire of it and find another hobby.:BigSmile::Smile:

Thank you! She is not a huge fan of toys, i'm tired of buying all these toys for her and she doesn't play with them. when she does play with anything it's usually those little mice. She doesn't seam to like toys that are round or big. She likes to watch the birds and loves to go out back and chase the lizards. I just think it's weird that she can sit so long and just stare.

Big Hoss

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have a friend who's hairy cat did that. After weeks she gave up trying to figure out why. A few weeks later they got mice really bad. She couldn't get rid of them. (her house is new and spotless)

They called in someone to exterminate, and they found this HUGE nest right where the cat was starring at the wall:Badly:....We are still to this day not sure why no one but Buck(the cat) could hear them.....:Dizzy:...YUCK!!!

Teri*D

Lairian
I have a friend who's hairy cat did that. After weeks she gave up trying to figure out why. A few weeks later they got mice really bad. She couldn't get rid of them. (her house is new and spotless)

They called in someone to exterminate, and they found this HUGE nest right where the cat was starring at the wall:Badly:....We are still to this day not sure why no one but Buck(the cat) could hear them.....:Dizzy:...YUCK!!!

We get a lot of mice in our backyard because behind our backyard is all hill. I hope it's not that though. My house is also new and spotless. I have sat there a few times with my ear against the wall to see if I hear anything and nothing.

TCrawford2788

Lairian
Monroe enjoys standing on my shoulder and staring up at the ceiling, either at the shadow produced by the fan or by a lady bug on the loose. She will sit for several moments before moving, and will totally ignore my calls.

I think it's just a kitty thing, not psychosis. :BigSmile:

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Butterball used to stare in the corner in the bathroom. Upon closer inspection, I found a hole in the wall. One day I saw it happen. A roach crawled out from under the wall and butterball was all over it. He would sit in the bathroom for hours. He would drink from the toilet, chase bugs, and unravel the toilet paper. It was a cheap apartment and I was only there for six months.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Seeing your picture of her sitting and looking at the wall makes me think it has something to do with the rays of light. My boy can watch for hours and goes nuts with any reflections from my watch or jewelry.

my_fuzzel

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Cats can hear frequencies 3x the amount a human can (about 44 K hz more), I would not be surprised if something is sneaking around in the wall

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
mice.
whenever my cats stare at the walls or floor or anything for that long, they usually catch a mouse within the week.
Dogs can sniff termites though, so I dont see why it couldnt be something tiny like that.
Hopefully its rays of light....lol...but I doubt it...

Adventures of A Naked Cat

Back