Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Does my baby need a friend?

Hi all,

Nelly is now 15 week old, me and my partner are debating on whether to get her a friend? She is the only cat in the house at the minute and even though we play with her as much as we can we both have jobs and we can’t help but think would a play mate be the best?
Do sphynxs get on with other cat breeds? (Hairy breeds)
She is really needy most of the time, we play with her all the time but we are often left thinking is it enough for her? Does she need a friend for when we are working? Or is this a bad idea? Are sphynxs to needy to share attention?

Any thoughts and suggestions are welcome, is two better than one?

Please share you experiences. Thanks :)

I have the same concern if Millie is stressed or sad when we go to work :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We think this too, especially because nelly came from such a hectic household full of children and a litter of 7 brothers / sisters, with added dogs etc. She’s just come home to me and my partner I feel so bad for her. But don’t want to get another incase this causes stress / anxiety :(

Bailey21

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I think a friend is a great idea :) I find that sphynx are very social kitties. I just recently moved from my moms house where there were 5 cats total, so my boy always had someone to play/cuddle with. So we got a second sphynx just before moving out so that he wouldn't be lonely, especially coming from a house with 4 other cats (2 furry, 3 naked). I'm sure your naked would get along just the same with a furry, or naked friend :)

My two boys definitely help taking some of the play time pressure off of my hubby and I, as they spend a lot of time running/chasing after each other! o_O

Toa and Ross

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Sphynx are very social and most of the time they love to have a friend. Specially when their friend loves to play as much as they do. Hairy or naked doesn't matter, most sphymx get along with any breed.
I have 4 sphynx and they all get along great

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I think it’s worth it to at least try a new friend on. You can often foster to adopt with a lot of shelters so if it doesn’t work out and your cat is one of the rare liners out there you can give the other kitty back to the shelter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro