Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Does this freak anyone else out?

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
So I have not thought to much about the earthquakes and stuff that have been happening around the world, but then last night we watched 2012:Sweat::Hysterical: and now I am totally freaked out!!!
I did not want to watch it in the first place but admin and our son wanted to so I rented it well admin fell asleep:Angry: and I was glued to the tv like some kind of crazy lady:Surprise:
It is all I have thought about all darn day. I hate things that can really happen.
Anyone up for helping me build one of those arch things so we can be saved:Question:
I wish I would have never watched it:Frown:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I haven't watched it! It would prob freak me out a little.

:Dizzy: Although I'm kinda used to it from my grandma talking about the apocalypse and salvation. What am I gonna do with you grams! :Hysterical:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Those shows do not bother me.
They all end up being bs.

I agree with M2M....a lot of these "end-of-the-world" movies and TV shows are just banking on the shock factor and have no basis in reality. My BF and I watched "2012" and ended up laughing about how unbelievable it was. My BF is really interested in UFO's, the paranormal, the Mayan calendar and such, but he rolled his eyes after watching this stinker of a movie. :ThumbsDown: I wouldn't worry if I were you.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I just put 2012 in my que for Netflix, dont ruin it for me! I love these sorts of movies. However, I'm banking of the factor that none of this earth ending activity will happen until I'm 6 ft under and pushing up daisies!! LOL

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wow, I just got done watching this! My daughter kept saying " I hope this doesnt really happen" the whole movie. That was a long movie too! Very good movie. I try not to worry to much about that stuff otherwise I would be crying all day everyday and keeping my kids home:LOL::LOL: Im too sensitive and I worry about everything:ThumbsDown:

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have not seen it yet....I want to. I like these movies that make you wonder if it is really going to happen!!

Maggies mommy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
i dont know about that but I want to make an emergency bag if there is a fire & I need to get out I already made a plan to put the chihuahuas in a pillowcase & maggie in 1 in case i need to get them out of the house quick!!! I have always been afraid of a fire or home invasion!!! Yesterday 3 siblings that come to our daycare their house burnt in a fire yesterday!!! The poor kids have no toys nothing its so sad but people r giving them $$$$ & really helping out thank god! anywase I fear a house fire so bad!

Lulu Bird

Lairian
I haven't watched it! It would prob freak me out a little.

:Dizzy: Although I'm kinda used to it from my grandma talking about the apocalypse and salvation. What am I gonna do with you grams! :Hysterical:

aaaaaaaaaaawe Grams! I personally think every generation has some sort of thing to be freaked out about and right now it's 2012... but that movie does look good. I have an ex husband OBSESSED with mayan stuff so I try to avoid that whole thing at all cost... it brings up memories I'd rather not think about. :)

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The fact that it's b the guy who made Day After Tomorrow put me off! it's all just huge CGI and preying on peoples fears...I think there's more chance of Alice in Wonderland turning out to be real than the events of the film happening less than two years from now!!

Don't worry Ilovemysphynx I think you're pretty safe!:ThumbsUp:

X

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
The fact that it's b the guy who made Day After Tomorrow put me off! it's all just huge CGI and preying on peoples fears...I think there's more chance of Alice in Wonderland turning out to be real than the events of the film happening less than two years from now!!

Don't worry Ilovemysphynx I think you're pretty safe!:ThumbsUp:

X

Alice in Wonderland I can handle :Laugh: The earth crumbling from under me I can not!
2 years is just to close for me. I am going to keep the kids home from school that day like A nut anyway.

Fester

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
As a re-assurance, there have been about 6 extinction level events that we know about, ever. So if you plan on living for about 125 million years, then you could expect something like 2012 to happen in your life time.

Nasty, but not as bad as an E.L.E. are massive climate changes. they happen about every 150,000 years. we have about 5-10 thousand years till that's likely.

a mini-ice age (or warm period) like the 1600's probably will occur in the 2100's (break out your parka/bikini, it'll be uncomfortable) --I don't think I'll live much past 134 so no worries there.

big economic upheavals occur every 30-40 years (for the last 200 or so years), I'm making it through the one going on now, so I guess I'd better be careful around retirement.

the biggest, most immediate danger most of us face is the poorly guided land bound missiles known as automobiles driven by some type-A personality while talking on the phone

-- my 2 cents worth

Last edited:

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hmmm yep, it sounds like the sort of thing that would keep me up all night for about a week! LOL I'm not good with anything like that or scarey stuff. Even if it's not real it still plays on my mind!

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
i dont know about that but I want to make an emergency bag if there is a fire & I need to get out I already made a plan to put the chihuahuas in a pillowcase & maggie in 1 in case i need to get them out of the house quick!!! I have always been afraid of a fire or home invasion!!! Yesterday 3 siblings that come to our daycare their house burnt in a fire yesterday!!! The poor kids have no toys nothing its so sad but people r giving them $$$$ & really helping out thank god! anywase I fear a house fire so bad!

That's sad to hear about those children and their family. :Cry: Glad to hear they are being helped.

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
As a re-assurance, there have been about 6 extinction level events that we know about, ever. So if you plan on living for about 125 million years, then you could expect something like 2012 to happen in your life time.

Nasty, but not as bad as an E.L.E. are massive climate changes. they happen about every 150,000 years. we have about 5-10 thousand years till that's likely.

a mini-ice age (or warm period) like the 1600's probably will occur in the 2100's (break out your parka/bikini, it'll be uncomfortable) --I don't think I'll live much past 134 so no worries there.

big economic upheavals occur every 30-40 years (for the last 200 or so years), I'm making it through the one going on now, so I guess I'd better be careful around retirement.

the biggest, most immediate danger most of us face is the poorly guided land bound missiles known as automobiles driven by some type-A personality while talking on the phone

-- my 2 cents worth

I hear ya brother!!! :LOL:

silly4lilly

Lairian
i havent seen 2012, but if you get a chance, you should watch conspiracy theory with jesse ventura. they have eposides on youtube. they have an epsiode of the apocolypse which REALLY freaked me out. some of the stuff they say really makes you think...... like, they said that all of these earthquakes and stuff going on now are a sign that the solar flares are acting up. and they said in 2012 if there is not a solar flare, there will be like radiation or something from the sun which will cut out all of our power for a few months. On one hand i believe it but then on the other hand i think about how everyone thought like the world was going to end in 2000 and nothing happed. the only difference is now they supposivly have scientific "facts" that a solar flare is going to come.

PitRottMommy

Banned
I'm not watching it. Has anyone noticed that this director just LOVES death and destruction? I'm steering clear of his movies.

That being said, we deal with tornadoes regularly. So...nah, I'm not too phased by scary stuff like that.

Brooke

Banned
I don't pay attention to any of that "end of the world" stuff. First of all, I don't buy any of it. And secondly, if it is going to happen, I can't stop it by worrying about it. I'd rather spend my last two years on this planet being blissfully unaware...:Wink:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I wish I could just not think about it :Hysterical: All my friends are teasing me along with my husband.
The 2000 thing did not bother me because that was just computer crap, This 2012 is earth crumbling?

J

Jinxlover

Anyone up for helping me build one of those arch things so we can be saved

LOL:LOL::LOL:...Could you see all of us Sphynx nuts on one of those things..:LOL: All these naked cats everywhere!!!!:Hysterical::Hysterical: Good thing everyone would be dead or we would be the butt of everyone's jokes......:LOL:

I thought it was a great movie, but it was just that,,, A movie.

Back