Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Does this meowing happen to you?

OlgaMaria

Lairian
Hello my fellow sphynx lovers! Does your little alien do this constant meowing? Pls see video attached with volume. Should I be worried? It happens often, probably daily for periods of time. Olga had just been fed so she wasn’t hungry. She’s spayed too so she’s not in heat. She’s about to turn one year old this month.

Attachments

• IMG_2106.MOV
    9.7 MB
  • IMG_2106.MOV
    9.7 MB

kauna

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have a chatty girl. I come home and she meows similarly for a good period of time. It's almost like she's calling me or yelling "mom" or "hello" when she does. She also does it when she is looking for me or just wants attention. Is she in another room and is she the only pet in the house? She could be lonely.

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yes. Rankle started doing this a few months ago and it's driving us crazy. He screams at the top of his voice whilst running round the house, on his wheel, stomping over us when we're trying to sleep. He doesn't seem to want fusses or anything else. He always wants food so I don't think it's that.

Misty Lee 123

Lairian
My girl (adoptee almost 2yo) goes through real phases. Sometimes she will meow incessantly for about a week, and is insatiable. I think it has to do with……. ??? Boredom of the environment maybe (indoor only). Or something humans can’t grasp. Then it passes, and she is quieter. But no less happy in each phase. Just different is how we have come to understand (/put up with) it.

OlgaMaria

Lairian
I have a chatty girl. I come home and she meows similarly for a good period of time. It's almost like she's calling me or yelling "mom" or "hello" when she does. She also does it when she is looking for me or just wants attention. Is she in another room and is she the only pet in the house? She could be lonely.
Thank you for your comment! She’s the inly pet in the house but we hve the flexibility of working from home so she is only alone very rarely. She did this while she was in another room but doors open. She does this when we’re in the same room too. It comes and goes, it is not a constant nonstop thing.

OlgaMaria

Lairian
My girl (adoptee almost 2yo) goes through real phases. Sometimes she will meow incessantly for about a week, and is insatiable. I think it has to do with……. ??? Boredom of the environment maybe (indoor only). Or something humans can’t grasp. Then it passes, and she is quieter. But no less happy in each phase. Just different is how we have come to understand (/put up with) it.
Yes, it seems to be similar for me because it’s not constant. Comes and goes and she doesn’t seem unhappy. I grew up with cats (not sphynxes though) and never experienced this before. I do have to say sphinxes are very different than other cats haha maybe a breed thing. Thank you for the comment, makes me feel better I’m not alone!

OlgaMaria

Lairian
Yes. Rankle started doing this a few months ago and it's driving us crazy. He screams at the top of his voice whilst running round the house, on his wheel, stomping over us when we're trying to sleep. He doesn't seem to want fusses or anything else. He always wants food so I don't think it's that.
Olga ALWAYS wants food. I’ve never experienced that with another cat (they are not sphynxes). It’s like she’s anxious about food 24/7. Similar to how dogs are but teickier because she can jump on counters etc. She literally will steal food from your hand if you let her.

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Olga ALWAYS wants food. I’ve never experienced that with another cat (they are not sphynxes). It’s like she’s anxious about food 24/7. Similar to how dogs are but teickier because she can jump on counters etc. She literally will steal food from your hand if you let her.
Yup, that sounds familiar. Rankle is just so 'extra' on everything.

Demom

Lairian
My nearly 3 year old boy does this loud calls when he wants me to come get him out of his big cage. I love how they are so attention seeking.
My other girl does a cute chirping when she runs ard the room or when we come back. It's like she missed us even if we only went to the kitchen and back. :D

Back