Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Does this spay site look ok to you?

ckutkuhn7

Banned
SoBe's spay site looks like its sticking out a little more than needed. I'm probably being paranoid but I woke up this morning and she was defintley catching up for not playing so much the past few days. She was leaving smoke trails behind her she was running around so crazy. Anyhow, here are two photos, they are slightly blurry, sorry she was squirming and I was trying to snap it at the same time..what do you think??

Attachments

• 01112011 014.jpg
    01112011 014.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 01112011 015.jpg
    01112011 015.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 76

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
SoBe's spay site looks like its sticking out a little more than needed. I'm probably being paranoid but I woke up this morning and she was defintley catching up for not playing so much the past few days. She was leaving smoke trails behind her she was running around so crazy. Anyhow, here are two photos, they are slightly blurry, sorry she was squirming and I was trying to snap it at the same time..what do you think??

Does the site look red, raised or hot?

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Does the site look red, raised or hot?

NOPE! No fever, her temp is good. She's always cried when we picked her up to hold her, its her way of saying HI, so the fact that she does it now the exact same way isn't helping me determine if she is hurting.

She is being awnry today, she keeps running up to Snuffie, smacking her in the head, then runs off, that initiates the chase, then you know how they are, they are running around each room half way up the walls being crazy like they are,,lol,,Im glad she is feeling better but I'm nervous she is going to hurt herself.

TotenEngel

Banned
I've seen wounds looking the same as that, that were fine and some that were problematic!
Ass Miss said, is it red, swollen, hot or is there any discharge?
Is she eating/drinking fine?

If all else is normal I wouldn't be too worried myself

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I've seen wounds looking the same as that, that were fine and some that were problematic!

No redness, its poking out but no swelling, its not hot and there is no discharge. She's eating like a horse and I filled her bowl up this morning and its half empty and snuffie prefers the fountain, she likes the bowl so I know she is drinking good.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
If it looks like it's healing cleanly I wouldn't worry too much about it. Chances are the poking out is from scar tissue forming at the incision site, and a lot of that will go away with time.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
It does not look so bad just sticking out a bit, the only thing I can think of and please do not panic because it is only a guess. Could it be a hernia? I would just keep and eye on it and as long as everything is fine with her wait a bit, if it still looks raised in a week give the vet a call and ask. I am hoping it is nothing!

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member

Ass Miss:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

The incision looks good to me, I agree with Marlene, it's healing. You're a great Mama!

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I resemble that remark. My ass is my biggest asset. :Wink: I hope the TSA agent enjoyed my pose in the full body scanner at Logan. I almost asked how my IUD placement looked but I bit my lip.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
It does not look so bad just sticking out a bit, the only thing I can think of and please do not panic because it is only a guess. Could it be a hernia? I would just keep and eye on it and as long as everything is fine with her wait a bit, if it still looks raised in a week give the vet a call and ask. I am hoping it is nothing!

A hernia is exactly what I was worried about and why I was asking. She's such a tiny thing and so fiesty it wouldn't surprise me for her to hurt herself but she has taken it pretty easy for the past 3 days and I've kept it covered to make sure she didn't lick on it any. We go back to the vet on the 17th to get the stitches removed so he'll be able to get a good look at it then to ensure all is well. That's less then a week!
I'm defintley keeping an eye on it!:ThumbsUp:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I would not let her play.
She is still healing instead.

She got away with it at 330am as I was asleep, once they woke me up I caught her and brought her back to bed with me and stuck her under the covers so she would go to sleep. During the day today she slept mostly, it was when I came home from picking Jimmy up from work that she was playing. Had to catch her and get her to calm down. She is cuddeling with her daddy now.
I'm trying to keep her from playing as much as possible without crateing her. If i can avoid it I will.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I know it is hard to stop her from playing.
I had to put mine in the carrier at night and when I was not home to watch them.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I know it is hard to stop her from playing.
I had to put mine in the carrier at night and when I was not home to watch them.

Yea, I think I may do that tomorrow afternoon when I go pick up Jimmy and his son. They don't play around 6am when I initially leave the house but they do in the afternoon at 2pm.

This is what she is doing now. LOL She's so funny.

Attachments

• 011120112 001.jpg
    011120112 001.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 38

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Nudie had that same sticking out look and when the stitches came out it went away within 1 week. It was like they sewed it extra tight + scar tissue was still healing. Try to keep her calm but all sounds fine if no redness or swelling.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Nudie had that same sticking out look and when the stitches came out it went away within 1 week. It was like they sewed it extra tight + scar tissue was still healing. Try to keep her calm but all sounds fine if no redness or swelling.

Yeah, its defintley tight. Jimmy joked that it looked like they gave her a tummy tuck when we first brought her home.

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yeah, its defintley tight. Jimmy joked that it looked like they gave her a tummy tuck when we first brought her home.

Totally- I joked about that with my vet and he said it just heals better and he's right I can barely see a line or scar:BigSmile:

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Probably just swelling which is the norm. Does she calm down if you put a sweater on her. She is soooo cute. Crazy little girl.:BigSmile:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Probably just swelling which is the norm. Does she calm down if you put a sweater on her. She is soooo cute. Crazy little girl.:BigSmile:

She gets pissy at first and mopes around sulking and does what we call her old man walk. Then she takes a nap and then she gets up and acts like a crazy spider monkey cat!:LOL: So she eventually forgets she is wearing sweaters or clothes but it takes a bit.

And honestly, I don't think I've found a Sphynx that isn't the cutest ever yet. lol I fall inlove with everyone I see!! It's a good thing I'm not rich or I'd have way too many!:LOL:

ktate88

Banned
Looks like it is poking out some, but if there is no puffy swelling, redness, or ozzing she should be okay. It never hurts to ice it for 10 minutes or so a few times a day.

She is too cute under the blanket!!!

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I just took one of my babies back for a check up after her spay, as the surgery site had a little lump. The vet said it was a reaction to the internal sutures and that as long as it wasn't red/ hot etc, it was ok.
A week later and it was a lot flatter and more 'normal' looking.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Looks like it is poking out some, but if there is no puffy swelling, redness, or ozzing she should be okay. It never hurts to ice it for 10 minutes or so a few times a day.

She is too cute under the blanket!!!
hahaha - Ice my warm kitties belly,,that ain't happening! lol Thanks for the suggestion tho.

I just took one of my babies back for a check up after her spay, as the surgery site had a little lump. The vet said it was a reaction to the internal sutures and that as long as it wasn't red/ hot etc, it was ok.
A week later and it was a lot flatter and more 'normal' looking.

That sounds famalair now that i think about it. I think one of my furr cats years ok might had that issue too. Thanks for the mental reminder.

Back