Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Does your cat cover after using the litter box?

Does your cat cover their "business" after using the litter box?

• Yes, every time

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • No, never

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • I wish I could get them to always use the litter box

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Taylyria

Lairian
All mine do. Mortimer spends like 10 minutes just covering his business afterwards lol.
He also spends time trying to hide his food dish after he eats. Cracks me up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MaoSphynx

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Mao,as some of you know,never had a litterbox.He didn't like it and we didn't bother about it.So we gave it away.He always did hs]is business in the shower drain.He spent about 5 mins trying to cover it up,then I had to shoo him away so I could clean it up

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I wish ours did all of the time, but if another cat is looming around the box while they are going, they often jump right out and zoom away.

Also a reminder to all, in order to cast your vote you must go to the regular website www.sphynxlair.com
You cannot vote on Tapatalk.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
My boy Ross covers up his poop and the poop of Toa and Jade. So I can see "yes all the time" but have to say a big THANK YOU ROSS here!:).

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Molly makes a big show of *trying* to cover it up. But she is rarely effective. Mostly she just scrapes at the edges of the box. If she hangs her butt out and her nuggets fall on the mat, the scraping gets even more pathetic. Usually Leo goes in and does a tidy up every day or so. I can't decide if she doesn't know how to, or is just pretending to do it and being lazy.

sphynxmoms

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
This question made me LAUGH...only because Neboo ALWAYS covered hers....Yoshi NEVER covered his and it INFURIATED Neboo! She would jump in the box as soon as he came out and start dramatically throwing the litter and making all of these grunting noises as if she were yelling at Yoshi and we would make up these conversations...like "Why are you such an a$$%)!* COVER your poop!!! I tell you EVERY TIME to cover your crap!!!" She would do it for at least 5 min... We would LAUGH so hard!!!

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I am happy I started this poll...lol. Seems to me we have a bunch of babies who leave all the litter box cleaning to others in the house.

Patti

Lickleone

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Tau poops does not cover the poop but he goes into hiding after a poop so he buries himself not his poop lol

Riley covers his very well

meandmytwo

Lairian
Frost always covers, pee and poop. He's very efficient, slowly going at it from every angle and then observes from every angle lol. Fascinating to watch! Then he steps out calmly, takes a peek behind him and goes on his way. Funny cause he is the more rambunctious of the two. He otherwise tears around everywhere.

Freeway rarely covers anything, pee nor poop. Once in a while I see that he does but I have no idea what prompts him to do so on those occasions. I would really have to say never. Then he springs out of the box at rocket speed leaving a trail of flying litter behind him. Entertaining to watch in a shaking my head kind of way. He has very soft poop more often than not (still looking into this) - I think that may be the reason, he just wants out of there. When he was younger, 4-6 months or so (they are now 9 months old) he would give it an honest effort but almost always got it on him :(. Guess he's given up lol. Back then Frost would often get in after Freeway and do a little covering but he no longer does.

Cutest is when they get into the side by side boxes and do their business at the same time. :love:

Last edited:

Mal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Pete is pretty good at covering his pee and poop but I think he just likes doing it because its more of a play thing as he treats his litter box like a child treats a sand box! just kicking and throwing it every where!

Jynxified

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Saphira will even inspect the litter boxes and cover any that were missed by our other cats. Our Devin Rex scrapes the side of the litter box the wall even reaches out and scrapes the floor until someone tells him he has done a good job and stops. Our female American short hair just scrapes the side then tries to drag clothes, paper or anything else to cover it up. Our other American short hair is great about covering up his stuff.

celsei

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have one nugget who is VERY TIDY. He gets in the box. Digs ALL of the litter onto one side of the box. Does his business on bare plastic. Digs all of the litter back over his business. He also attempts to bury his food when he's done or doesn't like it. And covers the business of my other two slobs.. and vomit and whatever other messes they make. One is just dumb, he will scratch the plastic wall for half an hour with no results surprisingly, the other is too fancy to touch litter he leaps out of the box as fast as possible and shakes his paws to get the yuck off.

Dimas

Lairian
Corleone almost never does and will not use the littler box again until it has been cleaned. If he needs to use. It again before I realize it needs attention, he will cone find me and meow at me to service it! Little stinker!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Max covers both his business. Although sometimes he does his pee in the bathtub (usually while I'm on the toilet first thing in the morning -- I guess he sees it as bonding time LOL).

Min usually covers her pee but can't be bothered to cover her poop. We scoop constantly so it's not a big deal.

Rara22

Lairian
Osiris covers everything, even what his sister doesn't. I just wish I could get nefertiti to stop peeing on the dogs bed. She does it as soon as I wash it, so I always have to share the bed with Pig (my rottweiler). Any ideas on how to get her to stop?

Back