Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Does your cat show a preference for men or women?

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Butterball is always walking up to me and my father. But he totally ignores my mother. He's been sneaking into my fathers room at night and waking him up but he doesn't do that to my mother. On the other hand, my best friends dog totally prefers women. If there's a female in the house the dog totally ignores everyone but the lady.

Do your pets do the same? Just curious.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Snuffie seems to prefer women. She will cuddle with my boyfriend at night if I happen to snuggle up to him first so its like a battle,,she wants her attention so she takes him over. lol Otherwise, when I call her or tell her no she listens to me. She doesn't seem to listen to my boyfriend or his son and doesn't tend to cuddle up with them on the couch if they are sitting in the livingroom with me. She will come sit with me. All of my friends that come over are female and she is very friendly to them and loves Jim's grandma and mom. His landlord came over one day tho and she said hi and then went on her way. That is exactly why Jim wants another Sphynx to have for himself! LOL

susi794

Staff member
Some of mine like women more, some like men--but almost all of mine are extremely friendly to both.

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My females will cuddle with women primarilyon a daily basis but if a male visitor comes and sits down they are all over him. Guess that didn't help:LOL::LOL:

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm not too sure! Stella is pretty friendly to both. I know she's Momma's Girl for sure. She cuddles with me every night and follows me around like a shadow. One advantage my boyfriend and my dad has over me is the "Scruffs" (facial hair/5 o'clock shadow). She loves rubbing her head up to their chin. I know many on here witness their Sphynx doing that. Sometimes she'll try to do that to me, but of course there is nothing there! LOL She's either thinking "Quit shaving mom!" or "I'll try it on you Mom so you don't feel left out."

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm not too sure! Stella is pretty friendly to both. I know she's Momma's Girl for sure. She cuddles with me every night and follows me around like a shadow. One advantage my boyfriend and my dad has over me is the "Scruffs" (facial hair/5 o'clock shadow). She loves rubbing her head up to their chin. I know many on here witness their Sphynx doing that. Sometimes she'll try to do that to me, but of course there is nothing there! LOL She's either thinking "Quit shaving mom!" or "I'll try it on you Mom so you don't feel left out."

Tell me about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Piglet loves everybody equally; it doesn't matter what their sex or age is. She's an equal-opportunity cat!

wright878

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Abby likes women for cuddingly - but when she wants to play she prefers men. My poor dad can't hardly keep her off of him. He is a very furry man and she loves to attack his hairy arms. She starts out by licking his hair and then starts pulling on it with her teeth. He is such an animal nut he just lets her, we usually have to remove her when she draws blood. He us on blood thinners and his skin breaks very easily. She is really nice to my mom, but I think even Abby realizes my mom takes crap from NO ONE!:BigSmile:

wundrlust

Lairian
The Nudies love everyone...Dale (aka Butt) adores Bob though. Both of them know when Bob comes over he spends time playing with them. Butt loves to lay between us and have both of us pet him while Chip (aka Moosh) will play then retires to the master bedroom closet where he has another bed right under the heating vent. In the morning both boys are in our bed walking on our heads to get us up!

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Because of Mug's unhappy previous life he's quite anxious around strangers and very rarely sits on anyones lap, but he does seem to have an affinity with men ove 6ft! He seems to like to climb on their backs and ride round!! Must be a view thing. He always sleeps cuddled up in bed with me but if I tell him off it's my boyfriend he runs to!

X

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Lemmy likes me more than my husband unless I am not around and then he won't leave him alone.....as far as strangers, he does not really like them.

ckutkuhn7

Banned

Oh yes!! Snuffie will rub on Jims face and love him up and then gives him a love bite right on the jaw. Its hurts super bad but he loves it. lol:LOL::LOL:

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
LOL Butterball was all about that shadow. My sister and I got a big kick out of the video. :LOL:

ckutkuhn7: Oh yes, the love bites! They can be aggressive lovers. LOL

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh yes!! Snuffie will rub on Jims face and love him up and then gives him a love bite right on the jaw. Its hurts super bad but he loves it. lol:LOL::LOL:

:LOL: Mug-Y does the same thing!!! And it always seems to be when I've been out for the night!! I come home and Hinchy's bleeding again!!! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sophie loves me and is my shadow. She doesn't like Joe much and will only cuddle him if he initiates it. I think she finds him too loud. He's a little allergic to her so he sneezes and coughs loudly if she gets close for a while.

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Not at all! He's a man whore when it comes to attention :Laugh: Man, Woman, Kid, Baby..he's not picky :)

Lulu Bird

Lairian
So far Peaches seems to like anyone that pays attention to her or lets her sit on their lap. My "regluar" cats were never has affectionate as Peaches. There was one that preferred me but only because I bottle fed him. However, my son's father has a pit bull that LOOOOOOOOVES women. His whole body wags, it's hilarious. Probably because they talk to him like a baby and pet him and oogle over him and guys have to be all cool and serious.

Back