Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Does your Sphynx greet you at the door when you come home?

Does your Sphynx greet you at the door when you come home?

• Always

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Never

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Only when I call them

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

PurranhasDen

Lairian
Oh yes. Right alongside Dexter, Fish and LillyBelle (aka the fur trio). As I work 12 hr shifts and they get wet fudz twice a day at roughly 5am and 5pm, give or take depending on weather I am coming or going. Don’t tell me cats can’t tell time…..
Plus Spikes favorite scratch mat also happens to be my inside doormat.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@PurranhasDen , yes! they definitely have a clock on their tummies! Raven's fav scratch mat is the doormat too . yrs ago I knocked over the short stand up cat scratcher they never used. once it was on it's side, they loved it! they go to it like a tree branch standing on it scratching away! wow, 12 hour shifts, plus the drive/commute. I can relate. make sure you remember self care too!
Raven my furbaby at the door mat inside pool lanai everyday waiting for food! if I don't hurry on her time clock, she screams!

NapsAndDreams

Lairian
Glomptar runs towards me, mewing complaints all the while, and then circles me. He *usually* quiets down once I pick him up, but sometimes he lets out one last grumble, and sometimes it doesn't quiet him at all.

Dora, by contrast, gets up with a lazy stretch AFTER the door closes, casually saunters over to me, and quietly sits down, well out of the way of the area where I divest myself of shoes, keys, etc. BUT I had BETTER give her some love after I am done putting all that down and picking up Glomptar, or she will snub me for the next hour or so.

kauna

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Otis definitely starts meowing as soon as he hears the garage door! He runs to the gate in the kitchen and meows like mad.

Dolly, nope she lazily saunters down the hall with a stretch like I disturbed her by coming home and Otis waking her up lol!

NapsAndDreams

Lairian
They didn't greet me today, and I got worried and went looking for them. Found them like this.

Attachments

• 20240614_175602~2.jpg
    20240614_175602~2.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 8

babymeow

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Nabi will also sit near the door and look at me before I leave for work and I give her a pet on her head before leaving. She is such a cutie pie and I hope she continues greeting me and seeing me out the door (maybe she is doing it so she can party once I leave lol).

Yoda mom

Staff member
@strippedcat , welcoming you and your girl to the lair family. so glad you joined us!
jump in and enjoy this fun friendly bunch. I hope you get a chance to post an introduction post and photos, name.
your avatar photo is gorgeous! hugs n head smooches.

blindowlblues

Lairian
I chose Sometimes because often she stays in my bedroom during the day (her choice) or my mom might be holding her when i get home. Also we do have a baby gate around our door to help keep kitties secure especially since my lad Mogwi is still young and rather ditzy. So the best she can do is approach the baby gate. But I make a point not to encourage them to rush the door, I always wait till I have the door closed and any bags or items safely set down before I make a fuss over them. I get very excited about household safety, lol!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@strippedcat , awh... mine are all seniors now too and get selective with when they decide to look up and meet n greet :) lol yes, perfectly said " stink eye! "
love to see photo, name of your girl? all paws are family.

Back