Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Dog Freak Accident

CathyO

Lairian
****Pls if u have an obedient/controllable pet, use a break away neck collar instead.*****

About an hour ago, my sister called me that her best friend’s frenchie, Zara, who I trained as a puppy just died.

Zara is only 3 yrs old. Her body leash got stuck in the elevator.

This didn’t have to happen and was nothing but a freak accident. Nothing the owner could’ve done to have prevented this. Frenchies are not recommended to be in a neck collar...and so her body collar would’ve been hard to access during the accident coz the clips were located on the back for easy access to humans but the worse place to be in if snagged by an elevator.

My family is so close to her that on my bday last year the owner allowed Zara to come stay with us on a weekend get away.

Zara is the reason why I have my two cats right now. She showed me how lovely it is to have a pet. She would happily hop on the car if u ask her to go and will get in her travel carrier on her own after her training is done with me coz she misses her owner already and would love to go home. She would look at the window to indicate to her owner she wants to go potty.

Her owner is the most dedicated and loving dog person I know. This dog is her life and she does not skimp out on her ever.

Please hug your pets for me.

Attachments

Yoda mom

Staff member
@CathyO oh no,, such sad news (((squeeze hugs)))) I am so very very sorry for all hearts.. Fly Free sweet Zara.. you are loved eternally beyond measure. heartbreaking . I know no words can ease such heartache. holding you and your family and friends
in thought and prayer for peace during this utterly heartfelt time.

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I am so sorry your family is going through this. What a thing to happen. I will say a prayer tonight and I am holding my own baby close.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Staceyxxx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Bless i am so sorry, sending u love from Glasgow! {}

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Oh that is horrific. I am so sorry to hear of this loss.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Toa and Ross

Staff member
What a nightmare for the owner of Zara. So sorry for your loss, Please sent Zara’s owners my sympathy and hugs

CathyO

Lairian
I shared this with Zara’s owner and she is very touched and gave her a bit of a break. Thank u all for the support I know she’s not my pet but it’s amazing how a pet can touch so many lives. Thank u for all your replies - each one helps.