Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Donskoy in West TX Needs New Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Waffle

Lairian
Hello!

I'm in San Angelo TX and I'm looking for a new home for my little Yuri. He just turned one year in March.

Yuri is a sweet little guy who needs and loves bucket loads of love. The little attention skunk is known to jump up on anyone (Even people new to meet him) just to rub chins.

I am looking for a $250 adoption fee. You really can't put a price on a critter like Yuri, but he needs a home where he has human company more than what we can give. (My husband and I have full time day jobs.) I was a stay at home housewife when we first adopted Yuri, and I never thought I'd be working again, let alone as much as I do. Thus why it's the best thing for me to do for my Yuri... find him a new loving home.

I will try and post pictures of him. Or a video clip or something.

Thanks.

Jordan

Lairian
Hi,
I have been looking around for quite sometime to add a cutie like your little Yuri to our family! I do live in Montana, so I don't know if you are looking into shipping or anything like? I am a stay at home mom of four kids and that won't be changing anytime soon, so he would always have people around to love and snuggle him! Just a thought. :) If you are interested in talking with me more about it feel free to comment and we can go from there. Thanks. :)

rinakat87

Lairian
Hello!

I saw that you are looking for a home for Yuri?! I actually live in the Dallas area and we really want a new addition to our small little family! Maybe we can work something out...?Do you have extra pics?

Let me know!

Thanks! :)

Don Waffle

Lairian
Hello Jordan,

Thanks for your reply. I love the sound of what his living situation would be, with lots of humans for him to love on and get love from.

Unfortunatly, I won't ship Yuri. The only way I would allow him to go to a place such as Montana, is if someone flew out to get him and he fly back in the cabin with them.

These little critters, they are just so fragile when it comes to their environment, too much could go wrong when shipping them by themselves in a cargo area.

Again, thank you for your comment and at least checking.

Warm regards.

Hi,
I have been looking around for quite sometime to add a cutie like your little Yuri to our family! I do live in Montana, so I don't know if you are looking into shipping or anything like? I am a stay at home mom of four kids and that won't be changing anytime soon, so he would always have people around to love and snuggle him! Just a thought. :) If you are interested in talking with me more about it feel free to comment and we can go from there. Thanks. :)

Don Waffle

Lairian
Hello Rinakat87,

Thank you for your reply.
I am currently trying to upload a video clip of Yuri, to the forum. I am sooo not tech savvy when it comes to uploading things. But I should have it up soon.

We'll chat soon!

Warm regards.

Hello!

I saw that you are looking for a home for Yuri?! I actually live in the Dallas area and we really want a new addition to our small little family! Maybe we can work something out...?Do you have extra pics?

Let me know!

Thanks! :)

Jordan

Lairian
Hello Jordan,

Thanks for your reply. I love the sound of what his living situation would be, with lots of humans for him to love on and get love from.

Unfortunatly, I won't ship Yuri. The only way I would allow him to go to a place such as Montana, is if someone flew out to get him and he fly back in the cabin with them.

These little critters, they are just so fragile when it comes to their environment, too much could go wrong when shipping them by themselves in a cargo area.

Again, thank you for your comment and at least checking.

Warm regards.
Well darn! I wish I could do something like that but right now with 2 kiddos in school and my other two full time at home with me I'm not sure how I would be able to pull it off! If it was the summer time it would be a different story. It sounds like you are defiantly going to hold out for the right person for him though, so who knows if you still have him in a couple of months maybe we could figure something out? :) Well thanks for replying back anyway I appreciate it. :)

Jordan

Lairian
awww! He is so cute and he defiantly loves the attention! Aw my heart is breaking! He is just perfect, what I have been looking for!

Don Waffle

Lairian
Well, a sad but happy day was today.

I dropped Yuri off at the vet today, to get neutered, for whomever would be his next forever family.

My brother-in-law picked Yuri up, and the vet tech said she wanted to buy him right then. My BIL was all, "He's up for adoption. .. blah blah blah..."
Vet Tech: "Really?! Blah blah blah blah... I want him..."
BIL: "Well, I'll talk to her and see if she's already found a new home for him..."

A couple hours later... BIL calls Vet Tech...

BIL: "If you promise to give him a forever home and take super good care of him, he's yours."

Vet Tech: "YES!!! I promise!!!"

Soooo... Yuri has now gone to a loving new home (in the city I might add, so there are chances of me accidentally running into him at her house and clinic to say hello) but he is going to be well cared for. And his new human will be able to take him to work some days.... and she works for a Vet Clinic that's super amazing. I just couldn't be happier about a poopy situation. I know he's in good hands.

To all those who commented, thank you.

It isn't easy saying goodbye to these little critters. A piece of my heart is missing, and though the void will fill, a piece of my heart will always be missing.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I am so happy you found a home for Yuri. How wonderful you can check on him and he is with someone who can truly care for him.

Patti

Don Waffle

Lairian
Oh dear... Yuri is available for adoption again. :-(
Poor little guy.
I guess he isn't a fan of dogs or other animal smells. He's having issues with spraying now.
He is neutered... which is where we found what I thought was his new forever human.
So, Yuri is again up for adoption. He is in great health. He is a Russian Sphynx and IS neutered.
He needs a home where he is the only animal and needs a place where he can get tons of love.
He is such a sweet, gentle little guy. My kids (5 and 7) handle him like a rag doll, and he has NEVER scratched or attacked them. He has a wonderful temperament.
I'm not sure what to do with this spraying problem. The chick we originally adopted him to said he didn't seem to like her dog's smell, which makes me think if he were an only kitty/pet he wouldn't have any issues. Opinions? Advice?

I feel so bad for the little skunk! Poor guy.

So, if anyone is willing to give Yuri a wonderful and good forever home, I would negotiate the adoption/rehome price. I'm looking for $250, but would negotiate.

Kind regards! xx

Don Waffle

Lairian
He's good with any and all animals, he just started spraying. I don't know if I'd put him in a house where there are other animals (cats or dogs) for fear he might spray to mark his territory there.
I thought he wold be okay, where he was fixed and went to a home his smell wasn't in. I guess not?
Sigh... I am not sure what to do. The last thing I want is for him to ruin other people's homes.

Poor baby, does he have problems with other cats?

Dallassummer

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Well I hope he finds his forever home! Did you try posting him on petfinder? He's beautiful!

Kyla L

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I am not too far away and would love to have him if we could possibly quarantine him for a bit to see if the spraying would stop. I have a room in my house that my animals are not allowed in.

I currently have 1 Canadian sphynx and a dorky dog.

I can't afford the rehome fee right now though. So I hope best of luck to you in finding him a home!

Don Waffle

Lairian
He stared to spray which is why we got him neutered. I didn't want him to make it a habit. Guess the neutering didn't stop it like I thought it would. We did it to our 1st male when he started to spray, and he never had an issue again.
I guess I don't know what in going to do. The only reason I care to have the rehoming fee is so he's not just abandoned one day. People would have a harder time neglecting/abandoning him if they had something invested in him. That's the only reason I put a homing fee on him.
I guess it takes 6-8 weeks for hormone levels to clear out of him. I guess we'll see if that happens?
Sigh... I don't know what to do. :-( I hate this. Poor guy needs love, I'm not around enough to give him the atyention/love He needs. Is this him acting out do you think?

Jordan

Lairian
Hello again. I'm so sorry to hear that your new home didn't work out for your little Yuri. I know that spraying can be such a hard thing to deal with. I was thinking though, do you think maybe that the stress of being neutered and then going to a whole new place to live could have triggered his spraying? I know that cats in general have a hard time adjusting to a new setting much less after such a major thing as a surgery? I think he was probably just way stressed over his new situation. Most often times male cats will stop spraying after they are neutered. Sometimes it takes six months or so but they usually will stop. I so wish that we lived closer. I would love to take the little guy. I don't have any other cats currently but I my husband does have dogs.(They do come inside but are not inside dogs though. They do spend a lot of time outside and in the heated garage.) I think we could really make it work. I would be wiling to even look into his spraying situation. I know that some vets can prescribe anti-anxiety meds too if that is the cause of the spraying. There are a lot of options for helping him with this new issue. Don't give up just quite yet! He is a doll and I hope you find that forever home for him. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back