Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Dontcha just love the misguided English newspapers?

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I know *roll eyes at them* The Sun had the same story plus a couple of other trashy tabloids. Half of it isn't factual (they aren't a new fad that's just been recognised.)

And the pictures they chose to show:Dizzy: You'd think they'd clean the kitten first.

It looks to be a sales pitch from the male pet owner mentioned, as in the Bristol paper he changes from being a pet owner, to a breeder who happens to have two kittens available.

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I know *roll eyes at them* The Sun had the same story plus a couple of other trashy tabloids. Half of it isn't factual (they aren't a new fad that's just been recognised.)

And the pictures they chose to show:Dizzy: You'd think they'd clean the kitten first.

It looks to be a sales pitch from the male pet owner mentioned, as in the Bristol paper he changes from being a pet owner, to a breeder who happens to have two kittens available.

Totally agree with you.

Amazing isn't it! I saw it in The Sun too... Everyone at work couldn't wait to say "even the papers call them ugly" I mean really?? These are the same papers that reported that Freddie Starr ate someones hamster!!!

X

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I hate the "ugly" headline. I wish they had cleaned their ears and faces for the pictures. It was as if they wanted them to look dirty.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
My first thought was also how dirty they are :Angry:
Second where the he!! did they get there info or should i say lack of it!

Bella07

Banned
uhhhh! The photos are awful, the article was awful, geez! Mug-ys mumma, I think you need to write a new article and send it to the newspaper and show them what a Sphynx really is like :ThumbsUp:

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I saw this article too today! My dad bought it to show me, first thing I thought was 'he is very dirty, his ears and eyes need a good clean!' Especially as he was in the newspaper.

holly_savage

Banned
Jacky, you should ask her what the deal was with the dirty kitten / cat pics...maybe there was a whole reasoning behind it...to go along with the UGLY headline...not that it makes it any better mind you.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I would be embarassed to have my Sphynx dirty photos in the paper! And none the less on a very uneducational article. Who ever wrote this relied soley on what he was told and did no research! The headline is awful, if its cast in a negative light it will be seen in a negative light. Morons they must be.

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I would be embarassed to have my Sphynx dirty photos in the paper! And none the less on a very uneducational article. Who ever wrote this relied soley on what he was told and did no research! The headline is awful, if its cast in a negative light it will be seen in a negative light. Morons they must be.

Same, I would also be embarassed to have Mos picture in the paper with him looking really unkempt. I can't understand it, not even a wipe over the eyes or anything. It doesn't portray them well :Cry:

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hhmmm....I added my true opinion to this article in the comment section the other day when I read it, but they didn't seem to add it. I suppose they didn't appreciate my "negative" light, shed on their article! Huh :Sweat: :Wink:

My comment took two days to show up so fingers crossed they'll publish it otherwise I'll write to the editor to find out why...let me know if it shows up.

X

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Nofuratu has been in the paper 3 times now, and they either have you send in a picture or they set up a photo shoot to take one themselves...so it seems strange that dirty kitties would be photographed.
As for what the article says though, that is a lot harder to control! Whenever my spouse and I are interviewed we try to be very CLEAR about whatever the topic is...but ultimately the writer is an "artist" and will run with whatever they choose to.
Nofur's articles have ultimately ended up allright, but each article has little things that I look back and think....why the hell did they write that?? LOL...
Makes me feel bad for celebrities...you just dont know what the paper will end up printing!
Here are Nofur's articles so far....course now Im just bragging...LOL...but it is weird what the writers decide to print...
Adventures of A Naked Cat: My Biography in the Times and Transcript Newspaper:
timestranscript.com - Nofuratu popular at flea market | By Charles Perry - Breaking News, New Brunswick, Canada
herenb.com - These bags are the cat's meow | Victoria Handysides - Breaking News, New Brunswick, Canada

firehillqueen

Banned
I agree that this is terrible that they would show our very beloved Sphynx is such a negative light. I would be humiliated to have my babies featured in a news paper photograph looking like some poor, ownerless, dirty, feral cat straight out of a filthy alley. This article leaves a very bad impression!

LadyZephyr

Lairian
It's quite concerning that people that haven't done their research think Sphynx are worth 3000 pounds each.. it's definitely set me on edge anyway, when the breeder brought us Bluebelle on the 25th she practically sneaked into the apartment for fear of being seen by any undesirables, she was also concerned about anyone seeing her in the window from the end of the garden :S She also inspected all our windows and doors and our alarm system lol to see how secure our property is incase someone decided to break in, it's a worrying thought.

Back