Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Dot has arrived!

Ten

Lairian
My second Sphynx baby Dot finally arrived today. She is a 5 1/2 month old torti tabby & white, with the most lovely gold eyes.

She weathered her overnight plane trips well, and after 10+ hours in the crate, was so happy to be let out for a bit in the car, before the 90 min drive home.

No issues with shyness with this one... she was straight out of the crate and looking around. I have set up her 'safe' room in the study. Nora, my other 5 1/2 month old, who I have had for about 5 weeks is extremely put out that she I no longer an only-cat. Seriously, she's looking at me like I've ruined her life! Even the brand new 5-level cat condo didn't initially seem to make ups for it, although she's now firmly planted on level 4!

Dot has really had no issues settling in, except for the 2-cat household and needing to keep them separated. She was ravenous when I picked her up at the airport, and polished off a tiny can of food, and has tucked in well to her raw at home. I did have her bed set up under the desk, as I thought it may be more cave-like for her, but she preferred the pile of ironing on top of the desk, so the ironing pile has been moved the the bed elevated to the top of the desk.

She is very affectionate and cuddly, and curious about everything. She used the litter box without a problem (except it is not high-sided, so she made a huge mess!)

She has the same dad as Nora, but a different mum. The two girls are 10-days different in age, with Nora being older. I weighed them both on my baby scales (I'm a midwife), and Dot weighs 2700g, while Nora is 3280g. Nora is also more velvety in texture, and a bit hairier, with more hair on her tail and nose. She also has a couple of poor excuses for whiskers, and has developed a few strands of hair on her feet, much like a hobbit. Dot, on the other hand, has almost no hair at all and has the texture of a chamois, that you would use to dry off your car after you've washed it. They also have very different bone structures- Nora is more solid, while Dot is finely boned with a more angular face.

I'm hoping they get used to the idea of each other quickly and become good friends. I'd love to have them cuddling up together!
IMG_7517.jpeg
IMG_7522.jpeg

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have a feeling I'll see some cuddling pictures of them this weekend! They're both so beautiful, congratulations!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Ten Happy Dot Gotcha! beautiful! look forward to lots of pics and tales of Nora and Dot! so exciting!!!! woo hoo! hugs n head smooches! following for updates!

Ten

Lairian
@Bailey21 & @Jeanhill72 - They are reluctantly tolerating each other at the moment, although I do feel that they do want to be friends! They have been playing with each other (well, swatting with sheathed claws, pouncing and playing chase), and did fall asleep on opposite ends of my bed, so that's good progress (I think!)

Here's a couple of new shots of Dot... She really is a beauty!
IMG_7551.jpeg
IMG_7556.jpeg

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Sounds like they are going to be besties in no time...she truly is stunning.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Congratulations! Happy to hear Dot is settling in so well. And great that Nora is already accepting her.
Dot is a stunning beauty and cute!