Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Drove 12hrs to buy a cat. Breeder no-show

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Just a rant really.

Arranged to go on a road trip and meet a breeder to buy a Sphynx. She offered to meet us an hour or so from her home to cut a little time off the drive, but when she wanted some money to do this (mentioned the night before we were leaving at 5am so couldnt mail it?), I said we'd meet her at her home and then we could see him running around in his home environment.

Drove 12hrs, yes 12, with only a couple of toilet breaks and stops for supplies (would have took 11hrs with no stops) Arrived at her home on time. No answer when I knocked. Called her and left a message. She called back;
Tracy; "hello Kerry, how are you"
Me; "I'm good, I'm actually here now as arranged"
Tracy; "let me call you straight back"

40minutes waiting wondering what to do and no call.... Call her and it rings once then goes to answer machine. Call again, straight to answer machine, leave a message saying "I'm going to a motel, please call or text and let me know whats happening."

Nothing
Zilch
Zip
Nada.

So we stayed the night and then drove home. Set out at 11am, got home at midnight.

If she'd changed her mind or just plain didn't like me, then she should have called (Or texted if she couldn't face calling) Instead she let me drive a 24hr round trip, with children, as arranged and didn't have the decency to tell me to turn the car around.

Googled her and she apparently sold a kitten that died from FIP, plus wouldn't forward reg papers. So..
Gas and food on a 24hr trip; $200-ish probably more. Motel; $150 Lesson learnt the hard way; Priceless :Cry:

So Tracy in Texas. We saw some of Houston, we lost some money, but thankfully you didn't get thousands from us and I definitely will NEVER recommend you. More terrible than terrific. Timewaster and inconsiderate at the very, very least.

Kerry= Still really annoyed.:Angry:

susi794

Staff member
Well that is sure crappy!:Angry::Angry: What a bit*h that woman was to you! I can't believe anyone would be so inconsiderate as to do such a thing. I don't blame you for being angry! I would be livid! :Angry: I'm sorry, Kerry--on your wedding anniversary too.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well that is sure crappy!:Angry::Angry: What a bit*h that woman was to you! I can't believe anyone would be so inconsiderate as to do such a thing. I don't blame you for being angry! I would be livid! :Angry: I'm sorry, Kerry--on your wedding anniversary too.

Angry is an understatement. Oh well, live and learn. Karma's a bitch, so I hope it bites her on the a$$. $400 is better than the alternatives though, could have paypal-ed her the money + shipping. :Dizzy:

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am just glad you did not pay her.
That was so rude.

I think you kept me sane on Facebook. If I hadn't of been able to get on Facebook with my phone, I think I would have got upset and cried, but you kept me sane enough to know I had a lucky escape.
So thank you.

Brooke

Banned
Definitely a silver lining here... better to be out the $400 and your time than to have a cat from this woman that might possibly be sick, have hung papers, forged HCM scans, the possibilities are endless...and clearly she wouldn't have done anything to rectify any problems after the fact.

I agree, a very lucky escape. Really sorry that happened to you, though.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks Kerry,
I is amazing she even gave you her home address.
You will find a kitten somewhere else.

J

Jinxlover

WOW!!! I would be in jail..lol..I'm sorry... You will find a better kitten, better $400 now that $1000's and a broken heart later...(suck breeders ask me and blueberry)..

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I am soooo sorry to hear about this....it is awful!! I would be VERY :Angry::Angry::Angry: if it were me!! But, like the others said...at least it was only wasted time. Sorry that your V-day was so sucky. I hope that you find a new kitten soon with a better breeder than that!

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Pardon my language but WTF?!?!?! How can anyone do something like that and not feel the least bit guilty? Wow, I'm speechless! And sorry you had to go through that!!

I know, I felt like that.

But now I'm thanking my lucky stars, as what would have happened if I'd bought him home and he was sick? there would have been no chance of her doing the right thing.

I wish I knew her excuse but there's no excuse good enough.:Angry: Even if she decided she didn't like me and didn't want me to have one of her cats, then she could have sent a text or called, (or even got someone else to call) to let me know that I needed to turn around 1hr/ 2hrs/ 7hrs into the drive, but no, she let me drive with my kids all that way and then nothing...

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wow I am in total shock! I cannot believe that woman! :Angry:

You handled it so well though - I would've had a fit then a meltdown.

You and others are right definitely- better wasted time than a sick kitten or having to attempt to deal with her after the sale if needed.

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wow! What an evil cow!!!

How could anyone be so inconsiderate of someone elses feelings??

Definately a lucky escape...I wouldn't want anything to do with anyone who couldn't see what a good mummy you'd be and who obviously doesn't care for her kitts!

Grrrr! :Angry::Angry::Angry:

I'm so sorry for you...I'd have been a crying mess.

X

Barrelstar

Lairian
Oh that is terrible....for you and for her business!!!! Would you mind PMing me her cattery name at least. I am currently shopping in TX and want to be sure to avoid her for sure. Actually I think I almost took in a retired male from her about 2 years ago if it is who I am thinking! In the end she wanted too much for him and I passed and got O'Malley a hairy buddy instead. Now my hairy buddy needs a hairless buddy. Funny how things work! Know that we are behind you and at least half as mad as you, lol!!!:Angry:

Back