Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Dry red skin after bath

Bojangles10

Lairian
Please help! I used this waterless shampoo from Renewed pet and my poor baby has tight red flaky skin! I’ve tried solid coconut oil on her twice now, but doesn’t relieve the tightness and redness. Is there anything else I can do? Seems to have taken all the oil out of her skin

Attachments

• IMG_1606.jpeg
    IMG_1606.jpeg
    296.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1605.png
    IMG_1605.png
    449.9 KB · Views: 16

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Please help! I used this waterless shampoo from Renewed pet and my poor baby has tight red flaky skin! I’ve tried solid coconut oil on her twice now, but doesn’t relieve the tightness and redness. Is there anything else I can do? Seems to have taken all the oil out of her skin

I would stop the coconut oil totally. My guess is the coconut oil has attracted even more dirt and that is why it looks even worse especially between the wrinkles. We see this happens if cats are not fully rinsed after their baths some times.

If they do not appear to be in any pain, I would bathe and rinse really well. Then wait a couple of weeks to see if their skin balances out.

I only use coconut oil on their noses to get the gunk off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bojangles10

Lairian
Thank you! I actually bathed her again in baby aveeno for eczema, and that seems to have worked to put some moisture back, I rinsed very well! I used to use Hylyt shampoo but now discontinued. My baby is extra sensitive, anyone that will share their bath routines with me would be great! Thank you for the reply

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Bojangles10 , awh.. glad the aveeno helped! I stopped using coconut oil too as it can clog pores. I am using up last bit of hylyt

I started a thread on shampoos after hylyt discontinued for members to share what they use now. hugs n head smooches.

Back