Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Dry skin?

Lauren

Lairian
Hey guys! Hope everyone is doing well. Quick question for you all:

I'm starting to notice that Kenny's skin seems dry on his face. Specifically around/above his eyes, where his eyebrows would be if he had any. Has anyone else noticed dry skin on their sphynx? What should I do about it? Is it normal?

Love
Lauren

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Lauren,
We do not have any dry skin here, Leo gets a small patch on his tail sometimes but I have noticed that this is a spot I miss in the bath alot of times. If I make sure I get it clean it seems to do the trick. Could it be that you are not cleaning Kennys face well enough? The face is tricky because we try to avoid getting soap in their eyes and mouth. Try a damp warm wash cloth on his face to get it clean and see if it improves.

Last edited by a moderator:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
My brown tabby Tanker developed occasional dry patches around the folds of his forehead as he aged, especially in the dry winter months. I used to dab a tiny, little bit of baby oil and massage it in the dry, flaky areas. It seems to help and he liked forehead massages.

Last edited:

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
i think i read in a pervious thread that the coconut oil helps with the dry skin too....? i could be wrong.. but i THINK i read it somewhere on this site. maybe try that?

lawgrl

Lairian
Mine don't seem to have any particular problem with dry skin but I do like to keep them moisturized (esp. after a bath in the winter) to keep their skin in good condition. I've found coconut oil (the thick kind) to be a good choice for cleaning and moisturizing but I also ocassionally use lotion (either St. Ive's Vitamin E lotion or Burt's Bees Carrot lotion) or sometimes a body oil (Neutrogena light sesame oil).

Back