Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Dwelf ear sticking up straight?

I have two boys who are both Dwelfs. They are both 4 months. I just noticed today one of them has one ear that keeps popping up straight. Has anyone had this happen?

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have two boys who are both Dwelfs. They are both 4 months. I just noticed today one of them has one ear that keeps popping up straight. Has anyone had this happen?
Like straight up like a regular cat ear? I would say its just genetics/ nature... just as some sphynx can get furry patches.

Toa and Ross

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
The ears of the elf/dwelf change during the first months. Some curl uo more, others get more straight ears. Since your boys are only 4 months old they ear can curl up again or stay straight. I have two elfs and the breeder explained me the ears can change till they're about 6 months old.

The ears of the elf/dwelf change during the first months. Some curl uo more, others get more straight ears. Since your boys are only 4 months old they ear can curl up again or stay straight. I have two elfs and the breeder explained me the ears can change till they're about 6 months old.
Wow, thank you. It stays down part of the time, and he actually shakes his head and makes it stand up, lol. It's really funny looking with just one ear doing it. I'll try to get a picture today.

Hiya, I am not a professional, but I got a month a go ELF kitten and my breeder strongly recommended not to touch ears till he will be 1 year old, and clean them very carefully, us apparently if you touch them you can loose a curls on his ears.

Hiya, I am not a professional, but I got a month a go ELF kitten and my breeder strongly recommended not to touch ears till he will be 1 year old, and clean them very carefully, us apparently if you touch them you can loose a curls on his ears.
Thanks. I had no idea they could un-curl. I will be more careful with cleaning. His one ear goes back and forth from curled to straight. I appreciate all the feedback from everyone :)