Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Ear Cleaner

Opehlia

Lairian
I've had my little nakeds for nearly a week now and I've managed to take a look inside their ears and they are filthy. What's the best ear cleaner to get to clean the gunk out and keep on top of it?
I am UK based so UK pet shops or amazon suggestions please :)

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Catzzzmeow has a photo of an earcleaner perhaps avail online.

@Opehlia

I use trizultra w/keto to clean ears . I get online, I like it does not have a real scent to it . my vet got me hooked on it almost 20 yrs ago with my kitties and pups.

I like trizultra can be used as a skin flush, so I use it on the square cotton pads to do biweekly wipe downs. really gets the "brown" off bellies, legs, armpits, etc. *** I do not apply to faces.

tagging @Staceyxxx and others in UK to chime in

ps. when I first started cleaning ears I wore a little head lamp to see the nooks and crannies ear folds.
I wet cotton cosmetic pads and qtips and gently wipe

Attachments

• trizultra new.jpeg
    trizultra new.jpeg
    22.1 KB · Views: 11
  • swisspers.jpeg
    swisspers.jpeg
    51 KB · Views: 7
  • swisspers.jpg
    swisspers.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 9

Staceyxxx

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi I use Octoact ear cleaner - you put it in the ear and massage the ears for while then wipe! The dermatologist vet recommended it! As I previously used another type! I buy it on pet drugs online!

Attachments

• IMG_3571.png
    IMG_3571.png
    244.9 KB · Views: 9

Opehlia

Lairian
I've managed to have a good clean of their ears. Still a bit more to do but I don't think they are used to it yet so don't want to stress them too much doing too much too quickly. They are much cleaner though!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Opehlia , great job!!

doing shorter cleaning time in the beginning helped my desensitize my kitties to ear cleaning and nail trimming..

I give command "spa day" and praise and treat following. so funny because after ear cleaning they run to their spot waiting for one small treat and petting.

same with my aussie dogs when I got them into their spa day routine of baths, dremeling nails, brushing teeth, ear cleaning. now I can just say sp day and they look forward to it . this worked too for my 135 lb rottie who became diabetic and I had to do myself "test, feed, inject". he would run to his bed and wait for me to test his blood sugar with lancet/meter, then go to end of counter and wait for "sugartime" insulin.

I am a big fan of desensitizing getting used to a new routine.

hugs n head smooches

Back