Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Ear cleaning

Cinderstar95

Lairian
How often do you clean your kitties ears? My girl HATES when I clean her ears, but they are always dirty it seems. I've been doing it once a week and they are always filthy. Is there something I can do to help reduce her wax production? or Do I Just have to go after her more often despite her wails of abuse? (she thinks getting clean is just torturous abuse... you'd think clipping her claws was the greatest evil imaginable.)
Open to any suggestions!
THank you

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have to put Astrid in a blanket taco, and put her between my legs to hold her lol she agrees with your girl on the kitty torture part. I have to keep her on her back though to get at her ears. I get meowed at and if I get too close to her mouth, I get kitty bites. She doesn't bite bite, just trying to tell me she's boss so you grabs my hand.

I probably clean them every other day just so I can be quick and release her from her straight jacket lol. My girl has pretty gross ears but they seem to be getting better

Cinderstar95

Lairian
I have to put Astrid in a blanket taco, and put her between my legs to hold her lol she agrees with your girl on the kitty torture part. I have to keep her on her back though to get at her ears. I get meowed at and if I get too close to her mouth, I get kitty bites. She doesn't bite bite, just trying to tell me she's boss so you grabs my hand.

I probably clean them every other day just so I can be quick and release her from her straight jacket lol. My girl has pretty gross ears but they seem to be getting better
I have to do the same thing XD. She sees the blanket and ears instantly go back. It's the same for claws as well. I do get little temper bites but such is love XD

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Once a week and I purrito them up, lay on lap and do what must be done. Max is easy as he doesn't fuss but Min hates having her ears cleaned. Repetition, repetition... Hugs.

Back